The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-14-2008, 10:19 PM

Default Acoustic Guitar through Electric Guitar tube amp?

Hey, I was wondering how it would sound if i play an acoustic guitar through my vox ac15 guitar amp? Does anybody here use a tube electric guitar amp for this? Is it a common combonation?

The reason i ask is that i'm on a mission to find a good, affordable guitar pickup (whole different story) and i really have no where to plug it into when i get it other than my tube amp.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Our main lead guitar player for our worship team also plays acoustic. He has a Tayor 410ce. If he needs to play acoustic for a song every now and then, he just plugs it into his Fender tube amp. It sounds great, but not like a true acoustic. It sounds like a cross between an acoustic and a real clean electric. I obviously doesn't have the crisp highs because the amp can't produce those frequencies.
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)
Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 AM

How about running an acoustic guitar thru one of these hot tube pedals, then into a PA system. The variety of clean and distorted sounds might be pretty danged interesting.
http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht/htdual.html

Gary

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification