The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:36 PM

Default NHL's 98th Season starting - Hockey talk

Who's up for the NHL's 98th season? Season starts tomorrow (Wed) night.

Looking forward to watching Crosby dominate again. Hopefully my Bruins will recover from that 2nd round playoff exit last year against Montreal.

Who you rooting for? Looking forward to hockey talk with my AGF hockey buddies again.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Go Leafs Go!!! Les Canadiens are in Toronto opening night. I know I'm not gonna get much love around here for my fave team, but I'm used to it...I don't get much in Ottawa either!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 PM

My Pens have a new GM and a new coach with a different system. The team is Cap strapped but Crosby and Malkin remain. Should be interesting. Looking forward to the puck dropping on Thursday against Anaheim.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-07-2014, 07:38 PM

Talking

Yeah Baby....finally a real thread I can follow! Come on Datsyk...suck it up and wrap that shoulder!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 PM

I almost started a hockey thread last night.

I'm a big Caps fan.

Did someone mention Sidney Crosby?

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM

I am really looking for the season opener. But if I am honest with myself, not as much as in previous years. Here in Pittsburgh, the regular season has really become a meaningless joke. I mean who really cares about the President's Cup? Sure these guys are professionals, but the pressure has to be unreal once the regular season is over to finally perform. It really can't be much fun...and that is the problem. The Pens don't look like they are having any fun once the playoffs arrive. Losing to lower seeded teams in the playoffs for 5 consecutive years really puts a stamp on just how meaningless the regular season has become. There is no such thing as home ice advantage in Pittsburgh. That is why Mario and company cleaned house.

I just hope the Pens make the playoffs and get "hot" at the right time....that's all. I mean look at Boston's Tuuukka Rask otherwise know as the "Penguin Killer". Just getting having a hot goalie at the right time can take a team along way. I just hope that Sid, Geno and Letang can stay healthy. It will be a fun ride. I promise myself not to get too aggravated during the regular season. Can't wait for the playoffs!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Got four seats for the season opener near the Sabres bench - can't wait until Thursday !

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM

Die hard Oilers fan here, from way back when they were a powerhouse in the league. Just hoping the new crop of kids can make some noise this year
Old 10-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Got four seats for the season opener near the Sabres bench - can't wait until Thursday !
That's awesome, man. I'd be stoked.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:39 AM

Fortunately I am a Sabres fan and the luxury of this is low expectations.

I am also rooting for Ryan Miller in Vancouver.

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28
Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 AM

Game ON!

Been way too busy to follow preseason. Any big rule changes this year, size of goalie pads? What rookies to watch?
Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Go Leafs Go!!! Les Canadiens are in Toronto opening night. I know I'm not gonna get much love around here for my fave team, but I'm used to it...I don't get much in Ottawa either!
It's a whole new broadcasting world for Canada with Rogers taking over the duties after decades at CBC. Looking forward to seeing how the new 'panel' does tonight. Oh yea, the game too.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
It's a whole new broadcasting world for Canada with Rogers taking over the duties after decades at CBC. Looking forward to seeing how the new 'panel' does tonight. Oh yea, the game too.
I agree. As I understand it, Ron McLean will only be involved in special reporting (is Coach's Corner with Ron and Don Cherry still going to be a fixture?) with George Strombolopolous apparently leading on most of what Ron did. I really like Ron...a brilliant hockey mind with great quips. I really like Strombo too...as an interviewer, he's totally unique, laid-back and smart. I suppose he's well-suited for this...have no idea how much of a hockey guy he may or may not have been. Time will tell. I hope it all works well. I wonder what's left for CBC sports...first they lose the HNinC hockey anthem to TSN, now this with Rogers.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM

The "Yellow" goalie pads are back! On the announcers....last season the main desk on a show had a "young blonde" as the anchor....is hockey looking for more shapely t.v. candy?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I agree. As I understand it, Ron McLean will only be involved in special reporting (is Coach's Corner with Ron and Don Cherry still going to be a fixture?) with George Strombolopolous apparently leading on most of what Ron did. I really like Ron...a brilliant hockey mind with great quips. I really like Strombo too...as an interviewer, he's totally unique, laid-back and smart. I suppose he's well-suited for this...have no idea how much of a hockey guy he may or may not have been. Time will tell. I hope it all works well. I wonder what's left for CBC sports...first they lose the HNinC hockey anthem to TSN, now this with Rogers.
Yep, Coach's Corner will still be one but I think that's going to be all that Ron and Don will be doing, unfortunately. Ron is Hockey Night in Canada.

I'm curious as to whether George S shows up with a tie or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
The "Yellow" goalie pads are back! On the announcers....last season the main desk on a show had a "young blonde" as the anchor....is hockey looking for more shapely t.v. candy?
I hadn't heard this. Are there any goalies that are wearing them?
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic