The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-05-2014, 07:14 PM

I put D'Addario EXP16's (coated 12 gauge strings) on my Cargo and liked the sound much better.

I have 3 Larrivees that I absolutely love, but I find myself grabbing for the CA much more often. I enjoy the tone and playability and also find that it is more harmonically rich and dynamic at least to my ears.

But bonding with a guitar is important. I would try some different string choices and spend some time with it, but in the end if it's not for you, then you may have to accept this and look for something else.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Default Slowly but surely

Well I have been playing my gx every night and every night I struggled with its brightness and 'elasticity'. I went to a guitar shop today thinking of picking a new guitar. I tried some j45 some martin and guess what happened?

They sounded dull and muddy to me. Is it me or my hearing? I was missing the brightness and brilliance of the gx. I Know that I'm not comparing with a vintage wooden guitar but if I had to choose I will pick the sound of the gx. It's a bright sound but it's have some shimmering tones. SometHing that you will miss.

Thanks for all the tips. I will report back after a few weeks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber