The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilstev View Post
Sounds like a fantastic place. From the pictures on the web it looks small but homey and certainly well stocked. But what is with those late hours? They must get the rockers.

BTW, I've never been to Chicago but I hear Chicago Music Exchange is one of the premier guitar stores. Any of you locals been there?
I hit up Chicago Music Exchange every few months just for fun. They have a pretty diverse selection of new instruments and a lot of vintage stuff too. Definitely well worth the visit. Was in there last weekend with a friend who is shopping for an OM size instrument. Spent a couple hours pickin' on some Collings', H&D's, Martins, and Santa Cruz's. Was a really fun afternoon. They can be busy at times, and they do a lot of business with electrics so occasionally the heavy metal thrashers in the next room can be a bit annoying. But over all a really great place.

Tobias is equally nice but in a very different way. A pretty small shop, but an impressive stock. Much more intimate place and the owners are a pleasure to talk to. Bought a Santa Cruz 1929-00 there a couple months ago. If it were more convenient for me I'd stop by much more often. I just happen to live much closer to CME.

Mark

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion