The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow_D View Post
I didn't realize it had to "snap" closed so to speak. I got it just a few minutes ago (how I don't know, I just by accident closed it and it snapped down firmly).

Thank you for responding so quickly.
To be honest, I was a tad confused when I first put mine on....

2015 Epi B.B. King Lucille
Life is Good!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
To be honest, I was a tad confused when I first put mine on....
I actually took it off after successfully getting it on and then spent the next 10 minutes trying to remember what I had done right because I couldn't get it on again. Then finally somehow I got it.

So I actually now have to PRACTICE putting a capo on so I don't forget. It's hard enough "practicing learning how to play" ever day... now I have to practice this? What's next ... practicing how to put a strap on my guitar should I ever decide I want to stand and play?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I actually took it off after successfully getting it on and then spent the next 10 minutes trying to remember what I had done right because I couldn't get it on again. Then finally somehow I got it.

So I actually now have to PRACTICE putting a capo on so I don't forget. It's hard enough "practicing learning how to play" ever day... now I have to practice this? What's next ... practicing how to put a strap on my guitar should I ever decide I want to stand and play?
The thing with the Shubb - once you've got the cunning lever clamp idea sorted out! - is to adjust the screw so it doesn't clamp too tight (or too loose of course).

There's also the issue of which way up you attach it: from below the neck, or above? I used to attach it from below (lever pointing upwards) until I realised it got in the way of some of my hand positions. Top down now .
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
There's also the issue of which way up you attach it: from below the neck, or above? I used to attach it from below (lever pointing upwards) until I realised it got in the way of some of my hand positions. Top down now .
That's something I hadn't thought about until you brought it up.

So is one way the right way? (that is down or up)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
That's something I hadn't thought about until you brought it up.

So is one way the right way? (that is down or up)
That would be personal preference. I put mine on from the top...

2015 Epi B.B. King Lucille
Life is Good!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write