The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 AM

Default For singers

For Singers ,who usually accompany themselves, on guitar, i cannot stress the new BOSS VE5 vocal processor enough . I've had about 4 different thru the years, they keep improving, but this one seems to have everything including internal battery power. Last I had a Helicon correct which ran 12 volts ? meaning I had to take a portable battery cigar box power supply for it, It only had an input setting, no output , this caused massive mismatch to the amps having to barely crack the volume and it would BLAST . A Terrible situation , even with attenuators, a real mess. Without it's input setting turned up quite a bit , The helicon would not work correctly ,,,The VE5 has everything - mic setting , EQ, Reverb , output gain Pitch correct , Harmony and about 50 other things I havent figured out yet . Id lost a Shure WH20 Small Headet Dynamic mic, and found it today ( NO MIC STAND NECESSARY) , set it up on the VE5 ,and it sounded just as good as an SM58 or any other $200+ Mic out there including my SH55 . If you want to add a real quality sound to your vocals, and it may take a few weeks to find the correct settings, boys and girls , this is the toy that cant be beat far as Im concerned for playing out . As Always tho Careful to not OVER DO it , and sound cheesy ... there is a very fine line in that respect ...Great Vocal Processor .

Last edited by SpiderTrap; 06-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write