The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
I've been following this thread and the suspense is causing me chest pain.
I can relate! All kidding aside: I'm just having a little fun. I sure don't want to cause anyone (well, besides myself) any palpitations.

This is the payback I get for the X7 arriving SO fast. At the time, I was expecting it to take longer. So, with that as a precedent... well, you know.

My wife reminded me (as if): "If it doesn't show up tomorrow, Saturday is a 'short day' for mail. Then, Monday is a holiday - no mail."

I know she loves me, but...
Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Guest 928

but..."you always hurt the one you love." Some of those old songs stay true.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Guess what showed up this morning??!!

More later - I have to open it up!! Just wanted y'all to be the second to know. Thanks for having fun with me on the wait.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Now the fun really begins!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

OK, one quick note (now that I have it opened and have given it a first play)... not often that I am at a loss for words. This guitar is SPECTACULAR! I knew it would be beautiful from the photos, but the sound and feel take my breath away!

Once again, Alistair, Sean, and the good folks at Emerald made this a wonderful experience. I will have a LOT more to say after this beauty and I have some quality time together.

For those who said, "It will be worth the wait"... I was having some fun with the "agony of the shipping saga," but this is unquestionably beyond worth the wait... blows me away!

What a guitar! Thank you, Emerald folks... you rock!

Captain Jim
Old 02-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I've been following this thread. Fun! Look forward to hearing more of your impressions and seeing the guitar from your end. Congrats, Jim!
Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM

Very happy your X20 finally arrived, I wasn't sure I could handle the drama much longer.

I hope you enjoy your Emerald X20 and X7 as much I enjoy my X20 and X7. They are both great instruments in their own way.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 02-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Very happy your X20 finally arrived, I wasn't sure I could handle the drama much longer.

I hope you enjoy your Emerald X20 and X7 as much I enjoy my X20 and X7. They are both great instruments in their own way.
Drama? Me?

I have had a couple hours with this guitar now. Right to the top of My Favorites list! The depth and richness of the sound is amazing! May be the larger body compared to the X7 (and I love my little X7)... may be the fact that this sound hole opens more upward, towards the player... or, it may be some kind of special mojo that Alistair and crew built into it.

It is rare that I get a guitar and not feel like there is something I should do to fine-tune the action for me... the action is just the way I like it! Even though it is bigger than the X7, the design and ergonomics work together to make it just as comfortable.

And the sound... did I mention the sound? Love at first strum!

The photos on the Emerald website and the enclosed flash card are beautiful, but the guitar is even more striking in person. I will post some "first looks" photos when I get a chance, but without a full photography studio in our motorhome, I could not produce anything as nice as the professional photography from Emerald.

I could not be more pleased!

Jim
Old 02-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Guest 928

Congratulations and many years of pleasure. Like others, I eagerly await your future reports.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Charter Member

A couple photos of the first look...

Opening the case...

Nothing I could photograph in our motorhome that would show it off as well as the professional images Emerald includes, so another look at those...

Pretty as it is, it is the sweet sound and wonderful playability that makes it my new favorite. I don't want to put it down, but we have "a date" with our daughter and son-in-law this evening. Don't worry about the X7 - it will still get plenty of play time... what a great combination!

Plus, the special "extras" Emerald puts in as a customer bonus.

So, very happy guy here.

Waiting to hear from JD and son about the other Select Series X20.

Captain Jim
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

I am very happy for you, Capt. I look forward to hearing more about it. Enjoy!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Cap'n!

Congrats! You have now officially made me crazy for mine....2/26 will be my 4 month mark, and I can’t wait!

It sounds like it's beautiful looks matches it's beautiful tone.

Great score sir!

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Guest 928

I know exactly how you feel. I had one of the first, and one of the few, X20-OSNs. It is a remarkable instrument. Alistair's work tends to be so beautiful that it over-rides the ergonomic and sound of the instrument. It is not a small guitar, but it plays small--is easy to hold, made for human fondling. And the sound is remarkable. What you have is a multi-tool: artistic, functional, sound-full. I am really looking forward to your subsequent reports.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:10 AM

What Capt'n said !!

I had made up my mind to NOT open her up , so my son could do the deed ... but I failed . Jim's excitement got to me like a bad corndog !! Truly spectacular is not an overstatement .

My son will be home from school on Monday ( we are going to see the Experience Hendrix show that nite ) ... so I will have to wait to hear her song .

I certainly share in Capt'n's compliments to the Emerald team . Class act and then some !!

JD
Old 02-18-2017, 12:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz1 View Post
What Capt'n said !!

I had made up my mind to NOT open her up , so my son could do the deed ... but I failed . Jim's excitement got to me like a bad corndog !! Truly spectacular is not an overstatement .

My son will be home from school on Monday ( we are going to see the Experience Hendrix show that nite ) ... so I will have to wait to hear her song .

I certainly share in Capt'n's compliments to the Emerald team . Class act and then some !!

JD
Glad to hears yours arrived, too! And by "yours," I mean: the heartfelt gift you will presenting to your son. We're all looking forward to his reaction... another "lump in the throat" moment.

For the record, this is the first time I have been compared to "a bad corndog." I have generally thought of myself more along the lines of a chili-cheese dog.

I know you don't play. Oh, how I wish you did so you could experience the feel and sound. You will understand when you see the look on your son's face when he first plays it.

I have truly enjoyed this exchange with you. Let your son know that there are a bunch of CF enthusiasts waiting to hear his reaction.

Best wishes,
Jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber