The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-26-2001, 04:42 PM

Post 314K

Hello,

Just wondering how many in the forum own or have played one of these guitars. I've had mine for a few weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it. See, I really like the X14 body, but I am predominantly a strummer, sometimes kinda hard. This guitar responds beatifully played both hard and soft, much better than my garden variety 314, and the Koa is Beeeeautiful! Now, if I can only find a 310K for a companion!
Old 10-26-2001, 06:52 PM

Thumbs up

I have a 314K as well. It is a very nice guitar. Nothing fancy, but a great sound and a very good value. I'm very happy with it and it is suited to how I like to play. I now use it to compare all of the other guitars in the stores.

I was thinking of taking the pick guard off, but I need to know more about how that is done. - Bill J in Boise
Old 10-26-2001, 08:32 PM

I, too, own a 314KCE. ....And yes, it is one of the most beautiful sounding guitars, Koa is a great sound. just this week I played my 314K agianst a 2001 model K10, (a beautiful peice) and ya know other than the most minute difference, I believe due to the body size (X14 vs X10) it matched up pretty well. I also like the Koa on my guitar with the satin finish, rather than the glossy finish. I also played it agianst a 510 Braz Rosewood, and it was different. Equally beautiful, but definately different. I would have to say that I am totally torn between Koa or Braz RW, which sounds better to you all?? Needless to say I bought the 510B, but I still am in love with my 314K.

Mine is a 2000 LOTF 314Kce with a Fishmann Prefix Plus. The pick up in it just adds to the fun! I bought some abalone doted bridge pins for it (since mine only came with the plain ones) just to give it that little extra detail., but the half celtic inlay is give it just the right touch, not too goddy, and not too minute, just perfect!! Tell me more about your 314K's!!

<><
Mark
Old 10-26-2001, 10:11 PM

Cool

I have the 314K(ce) and 310K both are great guitars the 10 is much louder and the 14 is more defined. Both really super guitars! JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification