The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 PM

Default Another humidity question

My guitars have been in their case with humidifiers inside the case. I always get spooked with inside case humidifiers breaking so I bought a small room humidifier. It’s brought the room from 30% to 45% in just a few hours.

So should I remove the in-case humidifiers?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:15 PM

I would. Especially if the small room humidifier was doing the trick and I was concerned about the in case humidifiers breaking.

Not to derail, but I wish I could find a decent small room dehumidifier that doesn't make a lot of noise or break the bank in terms of energy usage.

Last edited by Bluemonk; 02-10-2018 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Inappropriate underlining
Old 02-10-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemonk View Post
I would. Especially if the small room humidifier was doing the trick and I was concerned about the in case humidifiers breaking.

Not to derail, but I wish I could find a decent small room dehumidifier that doesn't make a lot of noise or break the bank in terms of energy usage.

Yeah I think I will. I’ll give it overnight to see what the humidity does. I have a mid/size dehumidifier I use in the summer. It’s not too loud and is ok on energy. I got it on amazon for maybe $150. I’ll get the info.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion