The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-24-2018, 11:39 PM

Yes, I have played through a great many of all sizes and types. What's your question? What are you looking for? Just random comments about amps? What's your interest?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
Yes, I have played through a great many of all sizes and types. What's your question? What are you looking for? Just random comments about amps? What's your interest?
Just a thread for people to share their thoughts and experiences on boutique amps. Many of us don't get that opportunity due to our location and local stores just don't stock those kinds of amps.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Played the Friedman Runt 50 again at Chicago Music Exchange again today. What a great amp. Played it with a Gibson SG Standard through a Friedman 4x12 cab.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Just read something the other day about Hiwatt being under new ownership and some new stuff coming out Also apparently in the US it will be sold under the name Maxwatt

http://www.maxwatt.com/wordpress/
Those T20/10 and T40/20 combos definitely got my attention; as a "big clean" player I always preferred Hiwatt to the other UK marques - to my ears the classic Ampeg big-amp tone filtered through a British sensibility, and pushed to power levels that would have driven Ampeg founder Everett Hull to apoplexy (or was that apo-Plexi )...
Old 03-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Every since I played my first Goodsell 11 years ago, I've nothing else. Currently have three Goodsell combos, a Super 17 and a V6 both MkIV series (EL84 and 6V6 power tubes w/ 12" speakers) and a single ended Goodsell Enhanced 5f2 w/ one 6550 power tube and 2x8 cab.

Simply the best amps I've played.

http://www.superseventeen.com
Old 03-18-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
Every since I played my first Goodsell 11 years ago, I've nothing else. Currently have three Goodsell combos, a Super 17 and a V6 both MkIV series (EL84 and 6V6 power tubes w/ 12" speakers) and a single ended Goodsell Enhanced 5f2 w/ one 6550 power tube and 2x8 cab.

Simply the best amps I've played.

http://www.superseventeen.com
Just checked out the Goodsell website. I take it they're based off Fenders?
Old 03-18-2018, 06:24 PM

As primarily an electric player (and mostly lurker here at this forum), I've played through TopHat's (and still do), Louis Electric, Tungsten, and some other tweed knock-offs such as Clark, Victoria. I'm also a big fan of Carr, although I don't currently have one. I'm probably forgetting one or two as well.
I'm currently under treatment for this affliction, btw.

The bad news is that I've replaced one compulsion for another, and am now reading every acoustic amplification thread hereabouts.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
As primarily an electric player (and mostly lurker here at this forum), I've played through TopHat's (and still do), Louis Electric, Tungsten, and some other tweed knock-offs such as Clark, Victoria. I'm also a big fan of Carr, although I don't currently have one. I'm probably forgetting one or two as well.
I'm currently under treatment for this affliction, btw.

The bad news is that I've replaced one compulsion for another, and am now reading every acoustic amplification thread hereabouts.
Welcome to the AGF, Alister. I see this is your first post, even though you joined 7 years ago. It's a never ending quest, isn't it ... regardless of whether it's electric or acoustic.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:59 PM

Ha! Funny. I have been a lurker at TGP for probably 7 years too and jsut a couple weeks ago could not help myself and made my first post in a tread about Fuzz pedals.

Anyway. I never owned a Carr wither but I did get to use one for a bit and I swear it was the best sounding amp I ever played. It was like playing a truly responsive acoustic guitar, hard to explain really.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars