The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
Beat me to it. I have this one (23 lbs.)
http://www.amazon.com/PowerWerks-PW1...werwerks+pw100
Again, gents, thanks, but too heavy. She already has a great Roland keyboard amp about weight. Looking for something MUCH lighter and more portable, but thanks.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM

I have a fender Passport 150, older black model. Sounds very nice but it's still a pretty heavy package to schelpp around. A small folding hand truck makes things a lot easier. Although I still have it I now use a Fishman soloamp. About the same weight but is easier to transport and is a much quicker easier set up.

Couple of other thoughts on the Passport. It really helps to get the speakers up in the air. I have a set of speaker stands, but again more stuff to deal with.

You might want to look at a Rowland street cube. They make a couple of different options. I have the smaller one and use it for farmers market gigs when electricity is not available. It has very good tone. 8, double AA batteries will last for 6-7 hours or you can plug into a wall socket if electricity is available. You can plug in an instrument and a vocal mic. Again, it sounds quite a bit better if you can get it off the ground. Small table or amp stand works very well. This would be a very light weight, easy to transport option.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedlife417 View Post
Again, gents, thanks, but too heavy. She already has a great Roland keyboard amp about weight. Looking for something MUCH lighter and more portable, but thanks.
Try the small size. On sale at GC. Weighs about 15 lb. Can't get much lighter or cheaper.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-P...l-PA-System.gc
Old 11-30-2015, 06:43 PM

The Cube Monitor is a little under 12 1/2 lbs.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 PM

For weight, sound and effects, I don't think you can do better than this.

http://www.amazon.com/TC-Helicon-Voi...oicesolo+fx150

I use it for a small PA. Great sound and it can carry some volume. Fits easily on a light weight mic stand and only weighs 9 pounds.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Try the small size. On sale at GC. Weighs about 15 lb. Can't get much lighter or cheaper.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-P...l-PA-System.gc
Marty, thanks. I like Kustom stuff, and that's a great deal, but we something both smaller and lighter -- less than 10 lbs., and small and light enough to carry in a backpack.

But thanks, though,
Scott
Old 12-01-2015, 02:11 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
For weight, sound and effects, I don't think you can do better than this.

http://www.amazon.com/TC-Helicon-Voi...oicesolo+fx150

I use it for a small PA. Great sound and it can carry some volume. Fits easily on a light weight mic stand and only weighs 9 pounds.
Marty, thanks, this is much closer to what I'm looking for. How many inputs does it have? I need two, minimum. Looks like it'll be this, or a Roland Cube.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenkeel View Post
I have a fender Passport 150, older black model. Sounds very nice but it's still a pretty heavy package to schelpp around. A small folding hand truck makes things a lot easier. Although I still have it I now use a Fishman soloamp. About the same weight but is easier to transport and is a much quicker easier set up.

Couple of other thoughts on the Passport. It really helps to get the speakers up in the air. I have a set of speaker stands, but again more stuff to deal with.

You might want to look at a Rowland street cube. They make a couple of different options. I have the smaller one and use it for farmers market gigs when electricity is not available. It has very good tone. 8, double AA batteries will last for 6-7 hours or you can plug into a wall socket if electricity is available. You can plug in an instrument and a vocal mic. Again, it sounds quite a bit better if you can get it off the ground. Small table or amp stand works very well. This would be a very light weight, easy to transport option.
Even, thanks. Leaning towards the Roland cube at this point.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:37 AM

Actually three inputs. Two combo xlr-1/4" and one 1/8" stereo. i think you original post said you need mic and keyboard? This would work for that. The 1/8" is many if you want to play along with some backing tracks.

Maybe go here and read some posts on TC Helicon's forum site. Lots of helpful people there with good input. Maybe pose your question there.

http://support.tc-helicon.com/forums...nd-Microphones

Good luck in your search and hope you find a great solution. I appreciate what you and your wife do!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:30 AM

Default Passport

I have a passport150 that I have used for many outside gigs and the sound is good especially if you mount the speakers on poles. I also use a Roland AC 60 which is very lite for smaller gigs. A fish stick is also very good. Bigger gigs I use all 3 together with a drum machine and I can't tell how many people think its a whole band
Old 12-01-2015, 06:54 AM

Mackie SRM150 on a mic stand. 7.6 lbs! There is also a Behringer version for less $
Old 12-02-2015, 06:49 AM

Fender sells another model for $99 on Amazon that take both an instrument jack and microphone.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:37 PM

I've been using the Roland CM30 cube monitor for small venues for years and find it great for a duo or trio. When we need more volume I just line out to another CM30 or to the PA and use it as a monitor.
Yamaha FSX800C
Bose L1c
Schertler Jam 100
Gretsch G2655
Gretsch G5655T

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification