The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-15-2014, 07:47 AM

Default Takamine guitar and another preamps

hi for all,i want some help, The takamine electric systems can be combined with any external preamps,as fishman,lr baggs,d-tar? or want exclusively takamine outboard preamps?as takamine di box?
Old 11-15-2014, 10:06 AM

That's up to you, if you want an all-Takamine gear. but I think you'll be fine with any other preamp/d.i. boxes. A popular choice in this forum is the LR Baggs P.A.D.I.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchelB View Post
That's up to you, if you want an all-Takamine gear. but I think you'll be fine with any other preamp/d.i. boxes. A popular choice in this forum is the LR Baggs P.A.D.I.
ie takamine electrical system can works with outboard preamps from various other companies?

Last edited by ntik; 11-15-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 AM

Default New (used) EG 530 SSC Guitar recently acquired

I need some advice regarding the pre-amp. I have looked everywhere I think to learn about the Takamine Pre-amps. The one I have doesn't seem to show in any of the photos of the preamps I've seen. I think it's a TK40, but it doesn't look like the ones showing everywhere.

The question is: is there an on-off switch on it so it won't be constantly running down the 9-volt battery?

I have looked at the instruction manual at the Takamine web site, but it says nothing about on/off switching.

Thanks, in advance!
Old 11-28-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
I need some advice regarding the pre-amp. I have looked everywhere I think to learn about the Takamine Pre-amps. The one I have doesn't seem to show in any of the photos of the preamps I've seen. I think it's a TK40, but it doesn't look like the ones showing everywhere.

The question is: is there an on-off switch on it so it won't be constantly running down the 9-volt battery?

I have looked at the instruction manual at the Takamine web site, but it says nothing about on/off switching.

Thanks, in advance!
It should turn on/off when you plug in/unplug a cable.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:25 AM

The primary reason to get a Tak Preamp over some other make is that it will power the CoolTube preamps in the guitars. Not any of the others though.

If you have other, like the TP4T or the TK40 you need batteries, to preserve the life unplug when not in immediate use.

Personally I use a Radial PZ Deluxe with batteries in the guitar ( TAN46c 4 x AA CTP2). I use rechargeables and always carry spares. Changing out often, ie every second gig, so about 8 hours or so, no problem. They're good for about 20, much less than many in guitar preamps, the tube chews power I guess. I have never been stuck in an embarrassing situation as a result. Just be aware and keep on top of it.

Get whatever preamp suits you really.

Kris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification