The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM

I order from Sweetwater all the time. Best advice I can give: Develop a relationship with an individual rep there.

This week I just ordered a Yamaha 5-string bass from them. My rep gave me a good price and went into the stock room and hand picked my bass for me. It was in immaculate shape. Set up well (can you believe it!) and ready to actually play. Frets were actually smooth and round and flush with the neck sides. Action was in spec. Relief was proper.

Last month he set me up with some Aguilar bass pickups. And believe it or not I even bought an iPad from them (though it took a little time to get the one I wanted). Always had a very good experience with them.

While I like Musicians Friend too, I haven't enjoyed having my personal sales rep who knows me and will do what he can, sometimes above and beyond.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 03-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I’m currently negotiating with a Sweetwater rep for a couple of new Taylors, a 6 and 12 string. So far, really nice to deal with. I hope to get what I want for the budget I’ve set for myself and if I do, it’ll be a very good deal. I should know by this afternoon (Thursday).
Just finalized the deal for the amount I set for myself and was firm on...a Taylor 214ceDLX Rosewood, and a Taylor 150e-12 string Walnut. Sam H. was great to deal with. I’m happy!

Yep, Sweetwater is top shelf!
Old 03-22-2018, 03:36 PM

Just got my 2018 Martin HD-28 from them. Perfect setup, fast 2 day shipping (for free I might add), and they knocked $300 off the bill because they didn’t have the model I initially wanted in stock (M36). Kudos to Sweetwater. They’ve gained my trust and service!

-Ty
Old 03-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

I've purchased several guitars and lots of accessory items and strings from Sweetwater. They've always been excellent to work with and ship quickly. They're usually one of the first places I check with for an item.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion