The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 PM

Location: Though a bred, born, and imprinted Texan, I live in the sw corner of Southern Mississippi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
But when people post recordings of their songs on the AGF aren't they actually doing just that (asking "How do you like my song")? Or would that be different because we dont all know each other personally? I mean NO, People dont generally post something and ask how others like it, but they DO almost always ask for feedback (which to me is the same thing basically).
Yes, that is what is being done here but some folks may think the readers are more qualified listeners and being fellow performers, that might make a difference. Though it should make no difference whether we know each other or not. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I guess what is being looked for here is some objectivity in a totally subjective endeavor. <g>

I wouldn't post a song for criticism, though I have a website that is for the sharing of songs, not critique. <g>

Ken C.
Gibson J-45 Rosewood
Gibson J-50 Mahogany
G-40 Maccaferri arch top (3 ea.)
Kay Catalina arch top w/DeArmond floating p.u.
Harmony arch top
Silvertone (Kay) flat top
Framus 12-string
Harmony tenor arch top
Gakki Yamaha FG-140
DeArmond arch top
And 14 misc.ukes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell