The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-14-2023, 08:55 AM

Default YouTube Enya X3 Pro Demo

I follow John Nathan Cordy’s YouTube channel. He does guitar videos focused on playing techniques and equipment. In this video he plays an Enya guitar:

https://youtu.be/2hSeFIpL-hY?si=CYaG-AotZBgA1Oz-
Old 11-14-2023, 09:09 PM

Sounds good in that demo with a mic and plugged in.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markcarl View Post
I follow John Nathan Cordy’s YouTube channel. He does guitar videos focused on playing techniques and equipment. In this video he plays an Enya guitar:

https://youtu.be/2hSeFIpL-hY?si=CYaG-AotZBgA1Oz-
Thanks for the heads up, been looking forward to reviews of the X3 Pro Mini, being a new product I'm interested in. Hope to see some comparisons with the X4 Pro Mini as well.

I have the Enya Nova Go SP1, and at the moment it's basically the only guitar I play... so comfortable to play in the couch. I wish I could use one of my magnetic pickups with it though, tried holding my Dean Markley Pro-Mag over the strings, and it sounds great connected to a Blackstar Fly 3. Being able to use a sound hole pickup is a benefit of the X3 Pro.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Interesting. The X3 Pro Mini is a 24" scale length small body guitar. There's also reference to an X3 Pro which is 41" long guitar. I can't find anything about the scale length. Plus the X3 Pro seems to not be available.

Both are center hole guitars with an X-braced top. That's very interesting.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

Interesting again. Amazon has the full size X3 available. But I want to see more specs and a review video or 2.

PS - The X4 with offset soundhole has 25.5" scale. So, I would expect the full size X3 to be the same. The X3 Pro Mini seems to be very similar to the GS-mini. Thought the 1 5/8" nut width is smaller on the X3 Mini

Last edited by Marshall; 11-15-2023 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

I'm finding older AGF threads on the Enyas

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=581064

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=604888
Old 11-16-2023, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It appears that the x3 pro is a new update as of September 23 that looks like the one featured in this video.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Well the Enya X3 Pro Mini popped up on my Amazon feed as a Black Friday deal for 20% off, if you're a Prime member. So only $320. And free returns if you don't like it.

Too good to pass up, so I clicked it.

We shall see.

Last edited by Marshall; 11-22-2023 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2023, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well the Enya X3 Pro Mini popped up on my Amazon feed as a Black Friday deal for 20% off, if you're a Prime member. So only $320. And free returns if you don't like it.

Too good to pass up, so I clicked it.

We shall see.
Looking forward to hearing the reviews. I was tempted as well but the smaller nut size is a deal breaker for me. I'm really happy with my x4 pro with my modified nut for 45 mm equivalent string spacing.

Taking it today in fact to Thanksgiving celebration instead of my more expensive guitars.

Last edited by Aspiring; 11-23-2023 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2023, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Yes, the nut is listed at 1 5/8. I’m fine with 1 11/16. And there’s a zero fret, so it would be relatively easy to up the width a bit. And the reviews say the action comes high, but there’s a truss rod and room to take the saddle down a bit. So, I’m optimistic I can deal with those issues if they arise. It’s mostly if the neck profile and the sound is acceptable.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:08 PM
Charter Member

Well it came today. I've only had 10 minutes with it so far. But it's living up to it's billing so far. The neck profile, I'm not sure yet; but that's my personal finickiness. The sound is quite fine. Pretty guitar-like. Yes there are X-braces under the top. And a center soundhole. And a cantilever neck over the soundboard. The fingerboard width seems workable. (I'll work with that more tomorrow). The neck profile is a little steep shouldered for my normal taste. I'll have to see if I can work with that. But so far the thing is quite impressive for the price range. It's a real guitar not a toy.

I'm not sure about their crazy electronics. I fully expect (if I keep it) to put in my own pickup choice. (Which will likely have a soundhole Mag component, so that's why I won't go with an offset soundhole.).
Old 11-28-2023, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Well it came today. I've only had 10 minutes with it so far. But it's living up to it's billing so far. The neck profile, I'm not sure yet; but that's my personal finickiness. The sound is quite fine. Pretty guitar-like. Yes there are X-braces under the top. And a center soundhole. And a cantilever neck over the soundboard. The fingerboard width seems workable. (I'll work with that more tomorrow). The neck profile is a little steep shouldered for my normal taste. I'll have to see if I can work with that. But so far the thing is quite impressive for the price range. It's a real guitar not a toy.
Nice to hear that you like it. I've been holding my finger on the Buy button for a while now but been able to resist. :P BTW, the full sized X3 Pro is available now as well I think, but I want a 3/4 size because that's what missing in my collection. But it could also be an used GS Mini or a Takamine GX11MENS I'd get rather than the X3 Pro Mini. But I like the sound and feel of my Nova Go SP1, so if the X3 Pro Mini gave me more of that I would be happy. The Nova Go is really the perfect guitar laying in the couch playing though.

Quote:
I'm not sure about their crazy electronics. I fully expect (if I keep it) to put in my own pickup choice. (Which will likely have a soundhole Mag component, so that's why I won't go with an offset soundhole.).
The normal soundhole is a big benefit of the X3 Pro Mini over the X4, if I buy a X3 I would also put a good soundhole pickup in it. The effects from the SP1 is pretty nice though, and hopefully they will update the firmware and the app so that you can edit the default effect patches mapped to the button. You can create your own effects, but they can only be selected through the app.

The SP1 output, when connected to an amp, is not fully quiet, it has some annoying sound to it... even if I create a new empty effect patch. At least on my Nova Go SP1. It's not too bad though, but it is a reason to put in a good soundhole pickup.

At least my Nova Go SP1 only has a single actuator working on the back of the guitar, and I guess it's the same in the X3 Pro Mini?!? I guess putting it on the back makes the manufacturing simplier. In contrast, in my LAG HyVibe there are two actuators, and the are mounted on the top of the guitar.

Looking forward for more thoughts when you have played around with it more!

/Per

Last edited by Per Burström; 11-28-2023 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Glad to hear some initial feedback. I think one of the differences in the x4 vs the x3 is the pickup system. From the description it appears the X3 does not have the internal mic blend setup like the x4. I actually find the plugged in tone of the x4 quite good but I tend to have the mic blend fairly high in the mic side.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

The soundhole on the X3 is 3 1/2" wide. Plus there's a nearby brace. Getting my favored Mag in there is goin to take some finagling. But the measurements show it should be doable.

Of course I'll try out the native pickup/preamp in the X3 before trying something that drastic. But that'll be some days away.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

How much spacing is there to expand the string spacing at the nut?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
enya, guitar