The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-05-2024, 08:34 PM

Default Enya Nova Go SP1 Battery

I have an interest in this guitar, but I'm concerned about the battery, and whether it is replaceable. All rechargeable batteries eventually need replacement.

I contacted the manufacturer on the topic and here is their reply:

"The Nova Go Sp1 features a replaceable battery. If you've purchased your Nova Go from us, simply reach out to our team whenever the battery needs replacement. We'll promptly provide you with a new battery along with detailed instructions on how to install it."

So it is indeed replaceable, but their message is a little vague about guitars purchased from a source other than Enya.
Giannini AWN-70
Kremona S63CW
Simon & Patrick Songsmith Folk
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez ART120QA
Norman B18
Vester VDN 325
Harley Benton H3 Banjitar
Old 02-07-2024, 05:15 PM

same issue, same company, discussed here:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...73&postcount=4
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE (GXi)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 02-07-2024, 05:46 PM

Default Enya rechargeable battery

Hi brainfertilizer. Thanks for that re- direction. Enya seemed to be a bit more forthcoming in their response to me. It seems that the consumer can replace the battery with direction from Enya. They just need to be a bit more specific as to whether they will support instruments that were purchased from suppliers other than Enya itself.
Giannini AWN-70
Kremona S63CW
Simon & Patrick Songsmith Folk
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez ART120QA
Norman B18
Vester VDN 325
Harley Benton H3 Banjitar
Old 02-20-2024, 05:32 AM

Changing the battery on these looks like it'd be pretty easy. Can you see the battery from the sound port and if so can you make out any text? Can you see how it's connected?

From pictures online it looks like the jack and usb port plate unscrews. Does it? I'm guessing the battery is located there. It's almost certainly not going to be proprietary and surely something available online cheap. It's probably connected to the electronics by a small plastic snap connector and held in place by same. The only real challenge would be how fragile those are and even here one could deal with it if they were to break during surgery.

You have me curious.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber