The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-20-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Yes. I do this. Routing through my Soundcraft UI24 mixer. I send a direct signal into mixer and route one of the monitor sends back through a Nux Optima back into another channel in mixer. Works quite well. YMMV
If you don't need a full mixer, a less expensive option would be use the Boss LS-2 Line Selector (https://www.boss.info/us/products/ls-2/). I use one to quickly switch between guitars during my set. It is a great pedal with a bunch of options. One option is to blend 2 signals together with one being an effects loop.

You could use an LS-2 pedal to run your direct signal into the "Input" and then connect the Optima Air on the "A" input as a loop. To better explain, you would run a cable out from the A output into the Optima Air and back to the LS-2 through the A input. On the "A+B MIX > Bypass" pedal setting it allows you to blend the direct input with the Optima Air. Each channel has a volume knob to adjust the amount you want for each. By clicking the pedal you would switch between the blended signal or bypass to only the direct signal from your guitar.

I just tested it out and it works to blend the two signals. I still prefer using with the Optima Air at 100% rather than blending with my pickup. But this would give you more options to blend the IR with your direct signal. Here is a quick diagram on how it would work:

Custom MJ (Cedar & African Blackwood)
Eastman E40 OM
Taylor 816ce Builder's Edition
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Taylor T5 Koa

“The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.” –James Taylor

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification