The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM

Default Rainsong Parlor 12 in a GS Mini gig bag?

Finding the AGF has not been good for my GAS. On the plus side, a new Rainsong Parlor arrived yesterday and I love it. I'm about to leave on vacation and the hard case is a little big. So I decided to put it in my GS Mini gig bag. Anyone tried this? It seems to be just a tad long, but it fits OK. My thought is that with the GS Mini gig bag being a soft bag, it probably doesn't hurt anything. Anyone else tried this fit?

My GS Mini is kept in one of those SKB plastic hard cases, which does fit in the airline overhead (at least if you board first) so the GS Mini gig bag is surplus.

Brian
2021 Rainsong N-PA1000NSK
2022 Rainsong V-OM1000NSX
Old 08-05-2014, 03:10 PM

I'm pretty sure carrying your Rainsong in a Taylor bag will void your warranty.

FYI, here is the gig bag Rainsong is shipping with the new Studio Series Parlors. It's the 0 size Alpine Series by Boulder.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 AM

Thanks for posting those pics Ted. I've been looking for a gig bag for my 12 fret Parlor for awhile now. Are those bags for the new studios for a 14 fret that they just stuff a 12 fret in, like with the hard case? Or do they offer a different size for each? I'd really like to find a bag that fits my Parlor without the dead space above the headstock.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:59 AM

The Alpine 0 size bag fits the 12-fret Parlor very nicely and although a bit tight, it can also handle the 14-fret model as well. It will be hard to find a perfect fit as most manufacturers want their cases to fit a variety of guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber