The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

I'm sorry for your loss, Twyla.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 03-14-2017, 07:32 AM

Default Sadness

I just found out about koaguitarman's passing. A sad time for this forum. As someone else has posted here, he was one of the reasons I considered getting a koa guitar. RIP, Russ.

2003 Taylor 855ce (K&K 12)
2012 Taylor GS Mini hog (DiMarzio Black Angel)
2012 Taylor K26ce WW (Custom Shop)
2023 Taylor AD26e SE baritone
2019 Deering Goodtime II banjo
Epiphone SG Special (for noodling)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:37 PM

Default Memorial Slideshow of Russ Lewark 'Koaguitarman'

Here is the link to the Remember Koaguitarman page with the Memorial Slideshow. The background music is of Russ playing his guitar and singing at City of Hope.

https://www.facebook.com/rememberkoa...2289373829718/
Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM

What a beautiful tribute, Twyla. Thanks for sharing it with your many friends here on the AGF. We miss Russ, too!

cotten
Old 06-25-2017, 02:55 PM
*mahoganut*

Default Wood & Steel Summer 2017 Article

Wood & Steel's summer issue had a nice article about Russ.

Paragon RW/Macassar Ebony Baritone
Rainsong S OM1100-N2
Woolson LS RW/30s African mahogany LG 12
Baranik LS RW/"tree" mahogany OO
Baranik Blue Spruce/"tree" mahogany OM
Boswell RW/koa OO
Baranik Retreux Parlour Adi/Pumaquiro
Baranik Blue Spruce/Coco Meridian "Geo"
Baranik Blue Spruce/Kingwood OO
Woolson T13 RW/Walnut SIG

Last edited by riorider; 07-03-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:49 PM

My condolences to his family.

My YouTube

Facebook

"Only by becoming acquainted with your own self,
can you gain the composure to write original music"

Michael Hedges ♫
Old 06-26-2017, 08:45 PM

Though Wood and Steel doesn't mention this forum, then known as the Taylor Guitar Forum, by name, there is no doubt that the predecessor of the AGF is the forum mentioned in their very nice tribute. Russ was a steady voice of reason, accurate information, and boundless enthusiasm for koa Taylor guitars, and is probably one of the reasons we kept a "Taylor Guitar Forum" sub-forum for a number of years after we became the AGF. We were no doubt Taylor's biggest fan club back then, and likely still are, though we're much more inclusive these days. Russ' influence will linger here for years to come, as people remember him and the guitars he loved.

cotten
Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 PM

Boy, have I been out of touch. I only just learned of Russ' passing, and I'm deeply saddened. I didn't know Russ well, but I had the pleasure of joining jams at his house, and he and Twyla could not have been more generous hosts, in every way that matters. Russ was a gentle soul, and I miss him.

Twyla, if you're still around, I apologize for my delay and send my condolences.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 AM

Gone, but not forgotten. Russ was a great guy who influenced a lot of people, not just with his love for koa. He certainly added a great deal to the AGF community!

cotten
Old 02-19-2018, 09:41 AM
AGF Sponsor

I'll send a message to Twyla so she knows y'all shared more. She's a dear lady and we have kept occasional contact.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Default Koaguitarman/Russ Lewark One year Anniversary

Forums are not my strong point. I wrote something but it disappeared. So here goes a second attempt.
Thank you to those of you that have remembered Russ Lewark with the upcoming One Year Anniversary of his death approaching February 25, 2018. He was thought of fondly by so many of you, something I will always treasure.
As Russ’ illness progressed we were forced to piece off most of his guitars and accessories to recieve his much needed treatments. We did manage to hold onto a handful of his beloved, beautiful and extremely well cared for Guitars and accessories that had special meaning to him. Without going into financial details, I am forced to sell the remainder of his collection including all accessories and misc. (other) musical instruments. I will regrettably be selling all that remains hopefully no later than the end of March (Russ birthday March 30). I would very much appreciate any insight any of you have as how I need to go about this.
I have deliberately not mentioned what will be sold in this post as I seem to remember there being a rule against this when not in the proper section of the forum. Thank you for Remembering Koaguitarman.

Koa Lady
Twyla Lewark
Old 02-19-2018, 12:24 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Lady View Post
Forums are not my strong point. I wrote something but it disappeared. So here goes a second attempt.
Thank you to those of you that have remembered Russ Lewark with the upcoming One Year Anniversary of his death approaching February 25, 2018. He was thought of fondly by so many of you, something I will always treasure.
As Russ’ illness progressed we were forced to piece off most of his guitars and accessories to recieve his much needed treatments. We did manage to hold onto a handful of his beloved, beautiful and extremely well cared for Guitars and accessories that had special meaning to him. Without going into financial details, I am forced to sell the remainder of his collection including all accessories and misc. (other) musical instruments. I will regrettably be selling all that remains hopefully no later than the end of March (Russ birthday March 30). I would very much appreciate any insight any of you have as how I need to go about this.
I have deliberately not mentioned what will be sold in this post as I seem to remember there being a rule against this when not in the proper section of the forum. Thank you for Remembering Koaguitarman.

Koa Lady
Twyla Lewark
Hi Twyla,

I’m sorry to learn that you must sell the remainder of Russ’ guitars and gear. As many AGFers knew and respected Russ, and would be great custodians of the guitars he loved, you may want to consider selling through the AGF Classifieds. To do so, you’d have to become a ‘charter member’ for $10 for one month, or $25 for a year. You can do so here: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/payments.php. If you choose to do so, if you don’t already have a PayPal account, it’s likely wise to do so for the protections offered. If posting for sale threads, you can list guitars for sale in individual threads, or the entire lot of guitars in one thread. Including photos is a good idea...Charter Membership will allow you to upload pics to your posts directly from your computer. If all this tech stuff is too difficult, perhaps a friend or family member can help you, or a trusted AGF friend.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:52 PM

Default Thank you AGF Moderator Tom

Today is the 1 year Celebration of Russ Lewark’s Eternal Life at 2:55PM PST. His memorial video is linked here as you remember him today.

Tom, thank you for the info on how to go about selling Koaguitarman’s remaining Guitars and musical gear in his music room. This may take me a bit to figure out and I am open to any help to get this done. I have his room set up and ready. Now trying to photograph each item and get the descriptions written.
I do have a question, where can I get boxes for shipping Guitars (in cases)?

Twyla Lewark
Koa Lady
Old 02-25-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Today is the 1 year Celebration of Russ Lewark’s Eternal Life at 2:55PM PST. His memorial video is linked here as you remember him today.

Tom, thank you for the info on how to go about selling Koaguitarman’s remaining Guitars and musical gear in his music room. This may take me a bit to figure out and I am open to any help to get this done. I have his room set up and ready. Now trying to photograph each item and get the descriptions written.
I do have a question, where can I get boxes for shipping Guitars (in cases)?

Twyla Lewark
Koa Lady
I did not know Russ, but have read many positive things about him here on AGF. The first year anniversary can be a powerful experience. I will say a prayer for thos who are remembering Russ today.

Regarding boxes: You can usually get them at a guitar store...they have many guitars shipped to them, and if you let them know you need some boxes, they can help. Some shops give them away, others sell them ($25 or less). Make sure to measure the cases and, if possible, get boxes that are less than the dimensions that will result in a higher mailing cost: for USPS (if I recall correctly) no bigger than 50 inches x 9 inches x 26 inches (check with shipper of your choice to double check the dimensions that qualify for the lower rate).

I wish you well, Twyla.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
..I do have a question, where can I get boxes for shipping Guitars (in cases)? Twyla Lewark Koa Lady
Twyla, you should be able to down to Sam Ash and Guitar Center for boxes. They are about a block apart on Sunset.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic