The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile1 View Post
The Outlaw 17 sounds wonderful. Did you buy it at Rainbow?

I'd have to sell my 2006 D-41 Special to afford the 17.

But, my D-41 is too special to part with so I guess I'll never own a 17.
Yes I did get it at Rainbow. Maury's has a nice one from what I've seen. But they don't come cheap since they are a limited edition and only built 100 of them.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 05-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
I am blown away at the sound of your OUTLAW...it is fantastic...and your playing is fantastic!
*And here is the funny thing..I have not been much of a Martin fan in the past. But I am beginning to see the light.
And I am shocked at the incredible sound you are getting from you phone...Sounds like a perfect studio recording with thousand of dollars of mics, compressors and even tape simulators...Unbelievable.
Sometimes mahog can have a bit of jangle to it. But your outlaw...sounds like a combination of Rosewood smoothness...with the solid fundamentals of mahogany. Just fantastic!
Thanks for the nice words. I also have said the Outlaw seems to have almost a combination of Rosewood and Mahogany sound rolled into one guitar. It is amazing. The Cell phone recording was done on an old HTC One M8 that I kept because it makes such good videos with quality audio. Sort of a freak of nature that darn phone. Crazy right? I've also made enough videos with it that I know the distance needed to capture good tone without overloading it or getting so far away that you hear too much of the 'room.' Always good to know your equipment.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion