The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-08-2014, 02:37 AM

Default One to two steps up - looking for something new...

First post, and probably a typical one - I'm looking for a new guitar....

Background - I'm a bass player really, play a lot of ukulele, and a v little bit of mandolin for fun, but want to push myself and become more accomplished on the guitar. Interest is predominately folky (British old and new), and will be mainly finger-picking, but something strummable also important.

I've had a Washburn D12 since I was 16 (a long time ago...), and have a learned a little on it over the years, but decided I'd like a little step up.

Preference is for something smaller-bodied. I don't feel I'm worthy of something super flash/nice, but have been eyeing a Guild M120 since they were M20s, and would like to target a few others before hitting the shops. Ideally, would rather spend less than more, so also been wondering about the Sigma 00-15ms. Budget between 200-400GBP. I'm based in the UK

Where would you send me, AGF?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Faith Naked Series guitars are some of the best I've come across in the range you are looking for.

http://www.faithguitars.com/faith-gu...Naked%20Series

The Faith Naked Mercury, is a smaller bodied guitar all solid wood and goes for just over £300.

Good luck with the search!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Thanks - didn't quite get to starting the search in earnest this weekend, but will try and road test a Faith

Any other views or considerations welcome...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion