The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM

Default Artec pickup

Hi all. I see a lot of Artec, and Tone Monster pickups on eBay. I have a feeling that these are not very good quality pickups​, but I don't know for sure. Has anyone had any experience with these brands? Don't want to waste money on them if they are junk.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 PM

Hallo, I'm Italian. On amazon italy I find an ARTEC MSP50 soundhole pickup at a low price. I have install it on a cort all mahogany L450O. The sound for the price is amazing, very natural, the single note are clear and defined, good balance! I try it direct on the amply but if I put a preamp (GMF Ai1) the sound become rich and more natural! The combination with the mahogany cort guitar is fantastic: low price guitar + low price pickup + good preamp= amazing sound.

Ps.
Sorry for my bad English
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM

There are a lot of surprisingly good pickups. Artec has some good ones. The problem is, there are some bad ones too. It's hard to know until you buy one and install it.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatcat View Post
Hallo, I'm Italian. On amazon italy I find an ARTEC MSP50 soundhole pickup at a low price. I have install it on a cort all mahogany L450O. The sound for the price is amazing, very natural, the single note are clear and defined, good balance! I try it direct on the amply but if I put a preamp (GMF Ai1) the sound become rich and more natural! The combination with the mahogany cort guitar is fantastic: low price guitar + low price pickup + good preamp= amazing sound.

Ps.
Sorry for my bad English
Put the same pickup msp50 in a '89 sigma dread with the same result: amazing sound

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification