The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-16-2017, 08:52 PM

are you aware of any potentiometer lubricating spray to prevent corrosion, if it exists?

Good question, and I repeat................Thanks.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
\ All pots should be rotated to their extreme CCW position when not in use and then periodically rotated back and forth to keep the "wiper" surface of the knob controlled internal moving contact clean. Occasionally, a blast of dry air (electronics cleaning compressed air can) or a nitrogen source into the pots blows out the internal dust that collects in the pots from normal wearing of the moving contact.
This is essentially exactly what Fishman told me too about the similar minor issue I had on my SA with my signal cutting out completely for a split second to maybe two seconds at a time, just a few times over the course of a 3-hour gig. Kinda weird that it still worked fine 99% of the time though. They suggested sweeping all knobs from all-left to all-right once or twice every time you use it. Does make sense.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification