The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 AM

Default play thru a fender passport 300

i had a praise and worship meeting last week end and the venue had a fender passport 300 as the sole sound system provided. i had an amp in my car but since it was on the building's second floor, i tried the passport first. to my surprise it sounded just fine to my ears. i used my acoustic, boss eq7 ( cut some mids and highs) and ch1 chorus and sounded just fine. no clipping problems. the venue was about 25 feet by 35 and there were about 200 people.the room had tile floors and plastic ceilings and was open air as the windows didn't have any glass yet. wind was howling( typhhon henry knocked down the video screen) but the music ministry sounded fine with two mics, guitar, flute and perc. it was loud enough. volume was about 8.5 or 9.
my wife who is normally leery of gear purchases said ' why don't you get one instead of another guitar"? is that a sign guys?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 AM

I suspect that the audience was quiet, so the Passport (at almost full volume) worked, but obviously for a noisier or louder venue, it wouldnt' be enough power. I also think the Passport speakers do not spread/push the sound out very well.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 AM

speakers were spread about 15 feet apart on stands and covered the room well. audience were singing loudly but the sound system couldnt be beat. btw, not an ad for fender, just stating my experience. had clear vox and guitar sounds
Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 PM

I still have, and use my Fender Passport P-250, which I bought new, back in 2001. Still sounds good, still works like a champ.
franchelB: TGF member #57!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification