The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-12-2022, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
PSA there is a LL56 on Reverb, used, in excellent condition, under 4K.
Yep, I saw that one, but opted for the new one at Sweetwater for $200 more. The rep said I was fourth in line, and that would put delivery to me sometime in May. So they do get them it in on a regualr basis, subject, these days, to supply chain issues.
To anyone who signed up on the email notification, as I did a year ago, the only time they will reach out to those folks is if they get one in that is not already spoken for ie: pre-ordered. And that, apparently, is rare. So I gave them card info, but it is not charged until the guitar comes in and you commit to it.
David
Old 03-12-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
Yep, I saw that one, but opted for the new one at Sweetwater for $200 more. The rep said I was fourth in line, and that would put delivery to me sometime in May. So they do get them it in on a regualr basis, subject, these days, to supply chain issues.
To anyone who signed up on the email notification, as I did a year ago, the only time they will reach out to those folks is if they get one in that is not already spoken for ie: pre-ordered. And that, apparently, is rare. So I gave them card info, but it is not charged until the guitar comes in and you commit to it.
David
Congrats. I will live vicariously through your NGD as I wait until September. We were told July for the 56. Hopefully they will beat their ETA.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 03-12-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
David
Don't blame you there. That's a no brainer.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McGriff View Post
...I’ll respect the pricing discussion rule, but very close to MAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneck View Post
What price discussion rule do you speak of?
There's no longer any prohibition on price discussions on AGF...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-12-2022, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Congrats. I will live vicariously through your NGD as I wait until September. We were told July for the 56. Hopefully they will beat their ETA.
Have a fun wait. I know I will, though it is considerably shorter than yours. It is a good GAS release for me. A s-l-o-w release. Like that perverse pleasure you get from pulling off a band-aid, one millimeter at a time. Or one day at a time.

I am curious, Matt, whether you considered the smaller bodied LS 36. The only concern I have withthe LL56 is the size, which is 16 5/16" in the lower bout. Like the LS36, the L56 is concert size, with a 14 15/16" lower. All things being equal, I favor smaller, 000 guitars. In fact, I went back to JP Cormier's wonderful video, and sure enough, he is playing the smaller, L56. Amazing richness and depth from a smaller box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ZF...el=J.P.Cormier
And this one - sublime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8FY...AmericanGuitar
Regards,
David

Last edited by Deliberate1; 03-12-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Have a fun wait. I know I will, though it is considerably shorter than yours. It is a good GAS release for me. A s-l-o-w release. Like that perverse pleasure you get from pulling off a band-aid, one millimeter at a time. Or one day at a time.

I am curious, Matt, whether you considered the smaller bodied LS 36. The only concern I have withthe LL56 is the size, which is 16 5/16" in the lower bout. Like the LS36, the L56 is concert size, with a 14 15/16" lower. All things being equal, I favor smaller, 000 guitars. In fact, I went back to JP Cormier's wonderful video, and sure enough, he is playing the smaller, L56. Amazing richness and depth from a smaller box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ZF...el=J.P.Cormier
Regards,
David
Just to be clear, that JP video you posted. That is an LL56 he is playing.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 03-12-2022, 07:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Just to be clear, that JP video you posted. That is an LL56 he is playing.
Dbone, I was wondering about that. The video title actually refers to the guitar as an "L56." Perhaps that is just the series designation.
David

Last edited by Deliberate1; 03-12-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I’ll respect the pricing discussion rule, but very close to MAP.
Matt, as RP said, that rule went away a long time ago. You're free to discuss price.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Dbone, I was wondering about that. The video title actually refers to the guitar as an "L56." Perhaps that is just the series designation.
David
Yeah, I remember when he posted it that it struck me weird he labelled it an L56. In my mind L56 refers to all of them…i.e.: LS/LJ/LL 56.

Definitely misleading.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 03-12-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Matt, as RP said, that rule went away a long time ago. You're free to discuss price.
The sales price on the LL56 is $4199 and the dealer cost was in the $3850 range.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
Old 03-12-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Regards,
David
Definitely want the LL grunt. The review Jarvis from The Guitar Spa really sold me on the tone-specifically at 6:32 onward

https://youtu.be/3ysZLTlxS6k

1998 Very Sweet Wife

Last edited by Matt McGriff; 03-12-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:09 AM

Hadn’t watched some of the JP Cormier videos on these guitars for quite some time. What a talent this guy is. There is nobody showcasing these guitars on YouTube like this guy is. He is no doubt selling a lot of instruments for Yamaha.
2019 PRS Silver Sky

Last edited by Dbone; 03-13-2022 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:13 AM

I have no doubt this would be an absolute beast of a guitar, but I seriously cannot get over what they did on the headstock there….Please tell me that’s a sticker that can be removed?!?!?!

https://reverb.com/item/11953724-yamaha-ll86-custom
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 03-13-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
I have no doubt this would be an absolute beast of a guitar, but I seriously cannot get over what they did on the headstock there….Please tell me that’s a sticker that can be removed?!?!?!

https://reverb.com/item/11953724-yamaha-ll86-custom
That's gorgeous with the exception of the bumper sticker on the headstock.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Definitely want the LL grunt. The review Jarvis from The Guitar Spa really sold me on the tone-specifically at 6:32 onward

https://youtu.be/3ysZLTlxS6k
Matt, thanks for that. I have seen several other reviews by this fellow and he does a nice job. I confess that I lost interest in his strummed composition as it went on. But, then at 15:50 he began some fingerstyle, and that, for me, is when the guitar really shined. As it did with his more delicate picking after that segment.

Lovely balance and note separation. Just a very sweet voice. Not, to my ear, "traditional," but surely not "modern" either, in the style of guitars I associate with that description, with strong, three dimensional overtones (Applegate, Bashkin, Sexauer, Heinonen, etc). Just a very lovely, easy to listen to voice. I can see why you were drawn to it. The reviewer did state, in error, that the guitar is short scale at 25", which is incorrect. It is 25 9/16."
Enjoy your wait. Anticipation can be powerful fun.
David

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion