The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:06 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD: Wee Lowden-35 Redwood/Rosewood

Wee Lowden- 35 Redwood/Rosewood

These are really nice small guitars. Since they first came out a few years ago, they have been in high demand and sought after by many who demanded Lowden quality in a smaller body guitar. Lowden guitars, built in Ireland, are always in demand by the most discriminating buyers. The Lowden guitar is the result of unique design, workmanship and assembly techniques along with premium choice woods. AAAA East Indian Rosewood/Redwood

The Wee Lowden is the smallest small-body guitar George Lowden makes. Perfect for songwriting, the studio or the stage, the Wee Lowden is an exceptional little guitar with a big, balanced voice!

What George Lowden says:

"I have been dreaming about designing a truly ‘small’ guitar for quite a while - but as usual I wanted the sound to be anything but small! The final design focused on voicing the bracing and soundbox geometry so that the voice was even and smooth without the ‘boxiness’ sometimes overly evident in small guitars. Thus the Wee Lowden was born!"

Design

“Curvy, smooth soundbox shapes combined with carefully voiced internal bracing and soundbox profiles, and use of natural wood decorations with our unique hand rubbed satin finish all combine to make the Lowden guitar what it is today”

Workmanship

“Introducing unplanned or unmitigated stress into any musical instrument deadens the tonal response. Our assembly techniques involve the use of hand tools to improve the quality of all joints and enable the “Dolphin Profile” voicing of the soundboard bracing. This and many more design and technique factors ensure that sustain, volume and balance are not hindered in any way. No short cuts are possible, just great workmanship and attention to detail!”

Wee Lowden 35

AAAA East Indian Rosewood/Redwood
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Scale Length: 24"
Soundbox Width: 13 3/16"
Soundbox Depth: 3 15/16"
Abalone and Wood rosette
Figured wood bindings
Ebony bound fingerboard
Pickguard clear
Gotoh 510 Gold w/Ebony Buttons
Includes: Hiscox Pro Flight Case

New price $5830

Your Price: Was $XXXX SOLD Will consider trades plus a sizable cash portion as well as reasonable offers.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 05-15-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

unreal, awesome looking instrument.

wow
Old 04-25-2017, 10:00 PM

A new bouquet every time haha

I recently bought a guitar from Mike, wanted to reiterate... absolutely top shelf seller. The guitar I bought from him literally sits in my lap as I type. Saw this post and was reminded of the transparency throughout the (painless) transaction. This man takes care of his instruments, and he describes them accurately and honestly.

Buy with total confidence.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:00 AM

Nice pictures of a nice guitar
2015 S32J (Indian Rosewood/Alpine Spruce)
2020 Jérôme Lair French Romantic guitar (Yew/Spruce)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 AM

Another looker for sure!!!! What year is this built Mike? I know you hate describing sound, but can you give this one a shot?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Another looker for sure!!!! What year is this built Mike? I know you hate describing sound, but can you give this one a shot?
Tom, Thanks for the interest! It is a 2015 model. You're right, I don't like describing tone since it is SOOO subjective. As such, I am working on getting a video of it and will post it when time permits.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Wow, the hits just keep coming! That is one heck of a guitar collection. If I had not just purchased a very special small guitar... ... I would be very interested. Great price on a great guitar.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Tom, Thanks for the interest! It is a 2015 model. You're right, I don't like describing tone since it is SOOO subjective. As such, I am working on getting a video of it and will post it when time permits.
Thank you Mike, this is another beautiful guitar....I am trying to force myself from not looking, but it is tough....you should be barred from the forum hahaha....wonder how many marriages your guitars have ruined???
Old 04-27-2017, 05:33 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Thank you Mike, this is another beautiful guitar....I am trying to force myself from not looking, but it is tough....you should be barred from the forum hahaha....wonder how many marriages your guitars have ruined???
Tom, Bwahahaha you crack me up. Fortunately my bride is very tolerant of my habits. One wife...37 years ain't bad for someone with such an addiction as I have

Thanks to the many who have inquired about this guitar. Here is a video that i found of a Redwood/Rosewood Wee Lowden. This should give many who have asked about this at least an idea of the great Lowden sound that comes out of these.

Put on your headphones and enjoy!

Old 04-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Friday bump for a sweet little guitar. I've had a bunch of people ask about this one, but it is still for sale for now.

If you're interested in it, make an offer!

Old 04-30-2017, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

Outstanding Lowden!! And from a great AGF seller. Great opportunity for someone...
Old 05-02-2017, 06:42 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Here's a sweet little Lowden just waiting to come to a home near you . Although several have inquired, none have pulled the trigger...yet...I'm starting to reach out to a few who have asked about it, but I'm sure there are some who haven't asked who really are interested. These guitars have been super popular and in some places this guitar wouldn't have lasted a day or more at this price.

But...I'm open to offers. Speak now...tell me what you'd like to do and I'll certainly entertain the idea. I'm even open to some trades...not looking for anything, but will consider yours. Just gotta hear from you.

Here it is from the back:

Old 05-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful sounding guitar for finger style here at a very nice price. I'm surprised it is still available. GLWS Mike!
Old 05-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
Beautiful sounding guitar for finger style here at a very nice price. I'm surprised it is still available. GLWS Mike!
Thanks for the kind words Doug. The video gives a feel for what Lowden builds into these little guitars. Lowden is known for building higher end guitars. This guitar is ideal for the person who wants a versatile guitar to satisfy those intimate moments.

I've had some interesting offers over the past several days, one was a pretty solid cash offer that I am considering. I'm still open to hearing from anyone with a cash offer or a trade offer. I'm reasonably open minded if the deal makes sense. Speak to me.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

Smile Another BEAUTY from Mike

Egads! Will the beauties never cease?

This won't last too long at this price!!!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars