The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-17-2017, 07:10 AM

A good amp and a looping pedal let you have a rhythm guitar player that never gets bored.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
I'm really wanting to try one of the new Mesa acoustic amps. I love the sound of amplified acoustic guitars with some reverb and delay. My question is, would it be a waste of money for a home player?
I love the sound of my acoustic unplugged.
But I also love the sound amplified with a touch of effects.

So I say, heck ya!
Get a nice amp and enjoy the music.

But isn't the Mesa like 300 watts?
May be a tad bit overkill for home.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuchak View Post
A good amp and a looping pedal let you have a rhythm guitar player that never gets bored.
^^ This. One of the best ways I've found to get better at soloing over chord changes. Not to mention, I'm a reverb addict....
Old 08-17-2017, 10:13 AM

As someone who's just starting to get out and play singer songwriting gigs I wish I had a home acoustic amp particularly to be able to better hear subtle fingerpicking parts that I've been feeling like I've been "flying blind" on at the small gigs I've been playing. It's kind of amazing how hosts of open mics or small gigs love to put speakers pointing away from you in front of you - guaranteeing that what you hear will be compromised.

Or how many of them fail to cut the low mids on the PA, making your sound mush.

Also, I imagine you or I could also use our own acoustic amp as a monitor at gigs where the hosts are such bad sound men you have to pray you're sounding all right.

If for no other reason, if you buy a quality acoustic amp -- and I've heard some great youtube players sounding perfectly good through Roland amps, you don't necessarily need the Mesa Rosette -- you can at least control what you hear and as someone said previously hear your weak parts magnified and be able to correct them a lot better.

The Acus amps are calling to me.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 PM

It's not about need. I reckon just about any acoustic guitar player would have stuff to learn, and stuff to enjoy, playing through an amp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification