The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-12-2017, 06:58 PM

Default NFL Week 6

Week 6 is here. Looking forward to the Patriots, as usual. Is Gronk back this week?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Week 6 is here. Looking forward to the Patriots, as usual. Is Gronk back this week?
That and... will Brady play this week ?? Probably......

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut
Old 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Left shoulder for Brady and thigh for Gronk. Currently listed as limited but most likely good for Sunday.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Left shoulder for Brady and thigh for Gronk. Currently listed as limited but most likely good for Sunday.
I think Brady's been on the injured list for years?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:10 PM

Go Patriots! WooHoo!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Go Patriots! WooHoo!
I hear ya, AE
Old 10-14-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Go Patriots! WooHoo!

Haha yep Goooo Patriots!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:01 PM

Patriots win after being down 14-0 to the Jets. Defense is still shaky. Just read that the Patriots are the first team in NFL history to give up 6 consecutive individual 300 yard passing games. Guessing that the "individual" part means that another team(s) has given up those 300 yard passing games but with multiple QBs?
Old 10-15-2017, 05:16 PM

Default NFL Week 6

Quote:
Patriots win after being down 14-0 to the Jets. Defense is still shaky. Just read that the Patriots are the first team in NFL history to give up 6 consecutive individual 300 yard passing games. Guessing that the "individual" part means that another team(s) has given up those 300 yard passing games but with multiple QBs?

That game was stressful. I live in Hawaii so I had to wake up before 7am to watch this game. By the time that fumble resulted in another Jets touchdown, I contemplated just going back to sleep. But I know my Patriots usually bounce back and then I was glued for the rest of the game.

The defense did a good job, the offense seemed like it struggled more. Although they won, they did look very beatable. Also that questionable touchdown reversal ruled a fumble recovery out of bounds helped tremendously. I did notice the ball come loose as he was going down, but didn’t seemed clear enough to be reversed.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:34 PM

Pats win!
Brady breaks record as QB with most wins.
Pats at top of AFC East.
WooHoo!
Old 10-16-2017, 03:37 PM

I am a Patriots fan; I hate the Jets, but the Jets got hosed. The call was correct; the rule is wrong. The NFL rules committee has parsed the definition of a catch to the point where no one, not even the refs, know what is and is not a catch.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:47 PM

its actually good the pats lost 2- maybe 1 or 2 more wouldnt hurt- they're still a great team, but need to find and fix all the weak parts before the playoffs- which they should make- they work best as well tuned machine- but if a couple cogs are sticking, they dont see overdrive
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 10-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
its actually good the pats lost 2- maybe 1 or 2 more wouldnt hurt- they're still a great team, but need to find and fix all the weak parts before the playoffs- which they should make- they work best as well tuned machine- but if a couple cogs are sticking, they dont see overdrive
Yep. I'm confident that the Pats will make the playoffs but I don't see them getting a bye this year.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:35 PM

Default NFL Week 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by posternutbag View Post
I am a Patriots fan; I hate the Jets, but the Jets got hosed. The call was correct; the rule is wrong. The NFL rules committee has parsed the definition of a catch to the point where no one, not even the refs, know what is and is not a catch.

Yep. A true Pats fan hates two things: The Jets and Goodell. [emoji23]

But I agree it should be ruled a touchdown. To reverse a call, it must be clear without a doubt. I watched that replay over and over, and yes the ball was loose just as he was going down, but by the time he hit the pylon, the ball seemed secure. Tough break for the Jets, but game-changing bad calls happen all the time in football.

Next game is SNF Super Bowl rematch against the Falcons!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Yep. A true Pats fan hates two things: The Jets and Goodell. [emoji23]

But I agree it should be ruled a touchdown. To reverse a call, it must be clear without a doubt. I watched that replay over and over, and yes the ball was loose just as he was going down, but by the time he hit the pylon, the ball seemed secure. Tough break for the Jets, but game-changing bad calls happen all the time in football.

Next game is SNF Super Bowl rematch against the Falcons!
The receiver looked like had control of the ball when he hit the pylon, but a receiver isn't a runner until he has control and establishes that he is down. It is my understanding (and I may have a imperfect understanding of the rule) that since he was a receiver, the pylon is irrelevant, and he had to control the ball all the way to the ground AND remain in bounds. The receiver had control of the ball when he hit the pylon, but he was out of bounds and without control when he came down. Again, if he were a runner, contact with the pylon would be sufficient for a touchdown, but since he was still a receiver in the process of making a catch and had not established himself as a runner, the rules that apply are the receiver rules, not the rules governing a runner. That is a tiny point, and illustrates why the definitions for a "catch" and "receiver" need to be simplified.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic