The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-01-2017, 12:57 PM

I lurk more than participate in the site. I don't own an emerald. Hope to one day and I've love to brag about my CA company but there isn't much change in that company. Nothing new. Rainsong isn't innovating as much as I can see. Imagine...Ca and rainsong won't even make a mold for another 12 string.
McPherson, Levioria, Blackbird etc have a smaller market share or those owners don't frequent here and have fewer youtube posts to hear their guitars. Anybody that comes on writing their non emerald guitars is usually met with interest from other frequents on the carbon fiber part of this forum. I've rarely seen someone blast anothers guitar on the topics I read (maybe they're already taken down by the time I get there?) And I find conflict usually entertaining. (Like the time Aliastair blasted someone for something they said previously)

but face it guys....they're just guitars. We're all family in the end. we'd end up squabbling about something else if we spent as much time together as we do on this site. (You mean the Atlantic Ocean is a better ocean than the Pacific ocean?!) serious...you should see the problems I deal with daily at work. lol
Old 10-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

A sense if humor goes a long long way here from my perspective, seems like a lot of comments are tongue in cheek or just someone trying to be funny. I enjoy all the posts and don't really see that much of a problem. But that's me !
We all have a very common interest....
Old 10-01-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Ted;

I looked but do not have a PM from Kerbie. Can I assume your heads up was for someone else?
I believe Ted was saying that he sent Kirby a pm
Old 10-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I believe Ted was saying that he sent Kirby a pm
Kirby loves those PMs so keep em' comin'!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Self awareness, it's a good thing. Glad to see the forum is, and will remain, a civil place of discourse.

My journey along the CF path started in 2014 when I was auditioning new acoustic guitars. I learned about the benefits of CF for my porch-sitting/camping/boating active lifestyle, and I read a CF review somewhere.

The MacNichol carbon fiber guitar forum was my main research tool back then, and it helped me find the best CF for my needs. My learning experience has benefited mightily by the current CF forum here today. Today my CF stable has grown to include CF guitars by Rainsong, Composite Acoustics, and Journey Instruments.

I visit most of the makers' websites -- and dealers' too -- as time allows. Right now I am thinking about unloading an electric or two, Strat or Gibson, filling the void with a nice new CF guitar, maybe an Emerald, we'll see. I try to keep an eye out for another used CA Blade but they are like hens teeth, you know.

Mercifully I might have missed seeing the offending posts here; I trust the moderators and look forward to relying on this forum as an invaluable source of information (and experience-based opinions) for years to come.

Back to "just being", cheers!

Last edited by Res Ipsa; 10-01-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM

I feel like I missed something exciting while I was away...

I've lurked in the forum for a few years, probably since I got my Shorty several years ago, but I only recently waded into the fray. When I've compared the CF guitars on the market, via in-person and online exposure, it seems like most of these guitars fill their own nichés pretty well without stepping on the toes of the others. And each of us has preferences that draw us to some specific guitars while, perhaps, repelling us from others. The best part of this forum is when we share info like, "this guitar works really well for..." or, "one thing that really bothers me about playing 'X' is..." Then we can compare notes, quibble over perceptions, but ultimately find the instrument that allows us to be the best player(s) we can be. If the world has enough from for Strats and Teles and Les Pauls and SGs, or J-45s and J-200s and D-18s and 000-18s and 814ce's, then it has room for Blackbirds and Rainsongs and Emeralds and Journeys.

Cheers to the forum, and all you crazy nutters who spend too much time here!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Guest 928

I have a beautiful Emerald,
One that really sings
And I love
The joy it brings

And I love the Blackbird song
And the early morning Rain song
There's music for the Journey
There's music from dusk to Dawn
Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

I appreciate all the thoughtful posts... and the ones I've received by PM. It certainly gives me hope that the CF section will not develop into a smaller version of the Open Mic.

I think most of us hang out here because we're crazy about our cool CF guitars, regardless of which name lies on the headstock.

I thank you all for caring enough about the CF section to try to keep it a bastion of civility on the AGF.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:29 PM

I try to steer threads back on topic when possible -- it doesn't always work. Some folks just have bad days and get cranky. Just don't respond by throwing gas on the fire. And use the "ignore" function in the User CP liberally. It really helps. We don't need to get our collective panties in a bunch about it.

The CF room is candidly the only reason that I still hang around AGF. My participation in other rooms (and other forums) is WAY down, and I don't even log in here most days. Hopefully, it won't be necessary to give up AGF entirely. But if that comes to pass, life will somehow go on.....
Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Guest 928

Kerbie;

It's all good.

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-02-2017 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Edited
Old 10-01-2017, 08:54 PM

I'll try to behave. Well in my own way anyway. But sometimes nylon string talk ...sigh..
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I'll try to behave. Well in my own way anyway. But sometimes nylon string talk ...sigh..
Kramster -- you are a gem!
Old 10-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Ted;

I looked but do not have a PM from Kerbie. Can I assume your heads up was for someone else?
Those crazy commas sure can change the meaning of something.

What else did I miss? Everybody is mostly well behaved from what I have seen. I have an Emerald, but I also have a Blackbird and may get another brand after I finish yet another bathroom remodel.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Those crazy commas sure can change the meaning of something.

What else did I miss? Everybody is mostly well behaved from what I have seen. I have an Emerald, but I also have a Blackbird and may get another brand after I finish yet another bathroom remodel.
Let's eat Grandma.......or..... Let's eat, Grandma. Lol
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Guest 928

TomB;

Good one!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber