The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

LOL...glad you saw the joke. Enjoy those Emeralds, I am !
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Do you always wear a tie when you play the Emerald?..
That would be a guitar strap! But, I see what you saw. Hmmm... a tie, with a fishing shirt and shorts... could be a whole new look...
Too funny, John, I actually though it was a tie as well.

Awesome guitar room, Jim.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Too funny, John, I actually though it was a tie as well.

Awesome guitar room, Jim.
My guitar room is modest by comparison to many that I've seen here... but it is a delight to be able to walk in, look around, and say, "I think I'll play this one today." It suits me.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

I wasn't sure where to put this...

I had some dental work done yesterday: broke a crown off! The dentist said that an implant (after digging out the roots on that busted tooth, of course the one furthest to the back) was the best solution. I won't go into details, but it was brutal. She set an implant screw in there and stitched me up.

I think I have a relatively high pain tolerance. This kicked my butt, to the point where Joan had to drive home. I left with a couple pages of "what to do and not do"... including things like no heavy lifting, don't drink with a straw, no solid foods for 3 days, then don't chew on that side for several weeks, don't spit, etc. My wife asked, "Is it OK if he sings?"

"Not until those stitches completely heal."

Here's where it becomes guitar related. I picked up my X20 this afternoon (first I felt up to that), and I could feel the rumble in my jaw. I swapped out for the GSmini that I have in Nashville tuning... nothing rumbly about that.

First I've heard of anything like this. We were planning on getting the boat out of our storage unit this week, and that's not going to happen, either. The "rich sounding" guitars and the boat will have to wait a few days.

On the bright side, the Blonde called me "her little chipmunk" (that side of my jaw is swollen) this morning and has been doting on me, making me mashed potatoes, Jello, and other stuff that I would consider goes along with the real food.

I feel like a wuss.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Man, I've been there, so I feel for ya, now my jaw hurts just reading that...heal fast.
[IMG]Chipmunk by jdinco, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Our little chipmunk - feel better soon!
Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Jim, you will feel better soon. We have had many a dental implant in our family. Hang in there.
Barb
Old 10-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the kind words, folks.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:02 PM

Get better soon Capt.- certainly have put my money where my mouth is the lasts couple years!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Hey Jim, enjoy feeling wussy and doted-upon because it won’t last for long. You’ll be good as new and back to belting out tunes in no time!
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Well, I did play the X7 this morning... after eating a small portion of scrambled eggs and barely toasted bread cut into bite-size bits. Yeah, my Honey is still doting.

It was dark when I went into my guitar room to get the X7. This is the last of 3 planned power outages so the power company can replace equipment on our island. I brought the X7 into the living room and worked up a new song. Well, a new rendition of an old song. I was reminded "no singing" but being the rebel I am, I did hum just a bit.

Still hurts. Still chipmonk-ish. Felt good to play a real guitar again.

On a thread in the main forum, the poster talked about going to a Tommy Emmanuel concert. It spurred me to check out tour dates. The closest he is to us is about 300 miles away in December... road trip! The Blonde is now working on the details.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Solid(ish) food and some time on the X20, including singing. Ever notice that playing and singing makes you feel better? It hasn't changed the whole "chipmonk look" much, though.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

After being home almost 4 weeks, the dredge that was working in our canal finally moved to the next canal. Got the boat in and spent some time on the water... dolphins, sunset, sunrise...

Yes, there is still guitar time, but I needed this. Sorry for no guitar content, but...

Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 PM

Hope your mouth is doing better.

Wonderful dolphin pics!

Old 10-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Beautiful pics, Jim. Thanks for sharing. In the photo above, what a shot...I had no idea dolphins could leap that high out of the water!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber