The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Default NGD-Alvarez AC65HCE

A lesser cost hybrid. Cedar top laminated hog sides and back. I had no intention of getting this but it’s tone and playability far outshone my Alhambra C1 (traded in). I have in the past also owned a Yamaha NXT 700 and Taylor 214 CEn. Personal opinion but this is the best of the bunch! I bought it to play Brazilian music on but it sounds good on finger picked blues and pop stuff too. Have yet to play through an amp, but am told that it’s great there too. Workmanship is flawless!

Guitars:
A few, but on the hunt for the "one"
Old 10-15-2017, 10:34 AM

I have one and really like it. I will warn you that around here people like Cordoba and other names and don't reccognize that Alvarez can make a good classical guitar. That's why I don't post about it here very often. I am glad to see someone else discovered it as well.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:40 AM

Congratulations! I'm admittedly a Cordoba fan. Alvarez makes great guitars. I've owned several of their steel string guitars. Their classical guitar neck profiles just don't agree with my left hand.

Dave
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical