The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 AM

Question Ibanez or Salvador Ibanez?

I have decided to buy Ibanez AEG10NE and the guitar is available in both names...Ibanez and Salvador Ibanez..
Guys what are the differences..please help...
playing a handcrafted acoustic.

Check out my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/yasaswijethilake
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Someone else will know far more about this than I do, but I'm pretty sure they're both made by the same company today (though I've never seen the "Salvador Ibáñez" line in a shop), and that level of instrument is most likely manufactured exclusively in China, so I doubt that there will be any clear difference in materials or workmanship. If you can get your hands on them, play both and see which you like better - this is my rule even when trying to decide between identical models with identical labels on them. Hope someone else can give you more information than I have!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM

if you were me and both were the same colour which model will you choose?
www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAEG10NE

Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 AM

////////////////////////////////////
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 AM

Where are you seeing the reference to Salvador Ibanez? As far as I know the Salvador name hasn't been used in many years.

I used to have a crappy laminate Ibanez Salvador copy of a Raffael Calace round hole archtop. Fake inlay on the (varnished!) neck, some sort of birch ply body and so on. Unsalvageable so it ended up in the wood skip at the local dump. Felt like sacrilege at the time but honestly, we have enough guitars at home without having to find space for a lemon...

I guess Ibanez might be using the full name on certain ranges for certain territories, but I haven't seen it here. Still, curious to what we all find out on this one!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasas.w View Post
I have decided to buy Ibanez AEG10NE and the guitar is available in both names...Ibanez and Salvador Ibanez..
Guys what are the differences..please help...
The guitars built by the Japanese company, Ibanez, have absolutely no resemblance to the guitars originally built by Salvador Ibanez of Valencia, Spain.

They bought the rights to the name at some point, but that is the only thing in common.

This is the exact model that I own, built around 1910 or so:

http://www.guitarrasweb.com/guitarra...adoribanez.htm

HE
Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM

well guys this is the place where i found it...
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAEG10NE

well the tangerine guitar is Salvador Ibanez...bt in other sites the same guitar is Ibanez...The label and the places of the controllers are different in these guitars....i really don't know which 1 i hav to buy..well guys which 1 do u prefer?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Quote:
well guys this is the place where i found it...
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAEG10NE

well the tangerine guitar is Salvador Ibanez...bt in other sites the same guitar is Ibanez...The label and the places of the controllers are different in these guitars....i really don't know which 1 i hav to buy..well guys which 1 do u prefer?
I've never much liked a paint job of any type on a guitar, feels like that much more "plastic" to dampen the soundboard movement - even if these are laminated tops that shouldn't be much affected by such things. I guess you don't have much option here, though, since spruce doesn't really grow black or tangerine in the wild! I don't think I'd want to have to make that choice!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Neither, to be honest, if I was looking for a nylon with a pup I'd look at the entry level Alhambra range. No idea what they cost where you are, but I've tried a couple and they are very nice.
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 AM

guys im just asking which brand wud u buy...

Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM

I refer you to my previous post

Nothing wrong with the Ibanez if that's what you want, though I think for unamplified tone you could do better, even in that price range.

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
if you were me and both were the same colour which model will you choose?
www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAEG10NE
Saw the difference when using the close-up feature.

Basically they put a different label in the same model guitar. Except for the color they are identical. Someone thought that by keeping the original first name, 'Salvador', it would impart some sort of cache.............but no way.

Choose which one looks better to you. Neither one will sound better plugged in, and acoustically you could do a whole lot better. The advantage, though, is that its lack of resonance will help it to fight feedback at louder volumes.

HE
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM

well thnx guys...i think salvador ibanez is much better than the ibanez i lov the position of the unit...

Old 10-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Default Ibanez

Hi all,
Interesting question ,but they are both different, the ibanez is the modern one ,and the Salvador ibanez is from te early 1900s,I had one and it was poor.
With a change of subject ,has any one see a ibanez ukulele from the same maker.would be interested to know,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical