The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-25-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyB View Post
I'm a bit partial to this jumbo

Just noticed this.

FYI, David is playing the limited Rainsong Jumbo Wilcox model with a dual pickup in your video. He performed in our showroom a few years ago during the launch of his Signature Rainsong model, and he is definitely something special.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:04 PM

I've probably said this before, but with all the recurring questions about composition (CO, CH, H and Standard), N2 and NS necks, 1000, 1100, and 1005 model numbers, Rainsong might consider a little discussion its web page to clarify things. Just thinking out loud....... and I certainly don't blame the posters who ask.

Of course, Ted and the CF room membership always come through with good explanations, but the same questions seem to pop up regularly.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I've probably said this before, but with all the recurring questions about composition (CO, CH, H and Standard), N2 and NS necks, 1000, 1100, and 1005 model numbers, Rainsong might consider a little discussion its web page to clarify things. Just thinking out loud....... and I certainly don't blame the posters who ask.

Of course, Ted and the CF room membership always come through with good explanations, but the same questions seem to pop up regularly.
Also, when I first started looking at Rainsongs I had a question that I posted to their customer service folks (before I had heard of AGF) and had a very good back-and-forth with a knowledgeable person from the company.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in TC View Post
Also, when I first started looking at Rainsongs I had a question that I posted to their customer service folks (before I had heard of AGF) and had a very good back-and-forth with a knowledgeable person from the company.
That's interesting. I've sent inquiries to Rainsong on two occasions and received no responses whatsoever.

Luck of the draw..
Old 11-26-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by email4eric View Post
That's interesting. I've sent inquiries to Rainsong on two occasions and received no responses whatsoever.

Luck of the draw..
That's odd, Dave at Rainsong has been fantastic at getting back to folks. Your emails might be getting blocked for some reason, maybe give them a call. Their toll free number is 800-788-5828.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM

On the few occasions I've even needed to contact customer service at RS the response was speedy and my needs were satisfactorily addressed. I even had replacement truss rod cover screws sent after screwing one up (literally). No questions asked and no charge.

Can't beat that experience or level of CS.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
That's odd, Dave at Rainsong has been fantastic at getting back to folks. Your emails might be getting blocked for some reason, maybe give them a call. Their toll free number is 800-788-5828.
Good to know! Thanks Ted!
Old 11-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Just checked, and it was Dave that I was 'talking' to, but when at first I thought I was not getting a reply I looked in my Spam folder...there it was.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in TC View Post
Just checked, and it was Dave that I was 'talking' to, but when at first I thought I was not getting a reply I looked in my Spam folder...there it was.
I checked after you posted that and no go -- but....Dave contacted me today. I guess he saw my post here and found my old email. I'm sure he's inundated and the oversight is understandable in my view.

It's a small carbon fiber world!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

I've only played the WS, OM and parlor. I found the 12 fret neck to give a richer tone. Also having fishman, lr bags and K&K pickups I favor the K&K a whole lot over the other powered models. So unless you play what the neck I would suggest 12fret and no factory electronics, then install K&K if you want.
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke
Old 12-04-2017, 06:08 PM

I've owned a WS-1000 for 17 years now, and it was my first CF guitar. Several years ago I got to spend a couple of hours in my living room with a gal who was carefully auditioning my WS against an OM. (She ultimately opted for the more balanced / slightly less powerful OM).

I have played the Parlor, H-WS, OM, WS-3000 and the Shorty in stores at various times, but do not have prolonged experience with them. I liked the Shorty (12 fret, NS neck) a lot. I've even played one of the first models with the uni-directional CF top, before they went all woven CF on the standard series. That was a *very* nice guitar, but the store in Anchorage had it at $3500 in 1996 and that was just too rich for my wallet. It eventually sold but that took 3-4 years, and I kinda doubt they got that full price. It was a good thing when the woven Standard series came in at under $2000 back then.

Dave from Rainsong has been really helpful the time or two that I have called, answering questions and even providing the manufacture date on my 2001 Maui-built WS-1000. I still say that if the house caught fire (assuming that people & pets were safe) I would grab the WS-1000 on the way out the door. It's that good, even among my current stable of CF guitars. I like my original N1 neck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber