The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM

Default Starting voice lessons

After talking about it for a while now, I am actually DOING IT-- I will have my first voice lesson. I've been looking for a while. I live in a fairly small town and there aren't a lot of options, and I didn't want to drive an hour one way. I looked at some people who offer Skype lessons, but while this has worked great for guitar lessons, it does seem that face to face would offer some advantages for singing--easier for teacher to view more of posture, breathing, etc. Anyway, yesterday I went to Guitar Center's "meet and greet our instructors" thing that they do every two weeks. They weren't very busy and I was able to talk to their voice instructor and she gave me a mini lesson. I know GC doesn't get a lot of love here, but I was impressed with her and felt very comfortable with her. I'm going back for my first lesson today. People tell me they like my voice, but I know I struggle with breath support and would love to gain even a few notes on the high end of my range(high isn't very high!). Very excited about this.

2015 Taylor 512ce 12 fret
early 80's Ovation Ultra 1517
2011 Seagull Entourage Rustic
2011 Taylor Limited NS214ce
2010 Taylor 512c
2016 Ibanez AG75
2014 Taylor GS Mini Koa e
2018 Loar LH 301t
1998 Breedlove Fall Limited # 10 of 20 Redwood/Walnut

Last edited by jeanray1113; 02-18-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 02-18-2018, 02:51 PM

if you want a instructor thats fine and i hope it goes well it can really help you out. but if your self dedicated and want to save money buy roger loves set your voice free. book and cd or downlad for about $20 most vocal stuff is based off that book. you should get it regardless.when jamey daily and darin vincent and tony robbins swear by him then hes the real deal. its funny i bought the homespun tapes daily and vincent singing dvd. and happy ask them whats your work out and they pitched this book. so much for the dvd but it was worth finding out about this book

its helped me alot i pop the cd in the car on my commute to and from work. also the 7 minute vocal warm up app is great pre performance
Old 02-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Well done. A few lessons gave me a whole different and more powerful singing voice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic