The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 01-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Charter Member

Default Weber Yellowstone with Fern appointments

Sold my custom Gibson F a while back, and suddenly found myself "mandolinless", well, I still had the Girouard Octave which is great, but its a total different beast.

Received an email from Dennis at ThemandolinStore, and as I browsed, my eyes focused in immediately.

Weber necks fit me perfect, and having owned a couple in the past, I have missed the tone. Weber was the first mandolin brand in our home, so I've come full circle in some ways, after having owned a couple Collings, Northfields, Pava, and a few others.

Dennis had this Yellowstone built with an adi top, fern headstock inlay, grained ivoroid binding, scooped florida, and a killer tobacco burst. It was "shopworn", so I received a real nice price. Can't find a mark on it and the it has great balance and a sweet tone. Plays extremely easy and arrived with a super low setup. Fits me extremely well. First of the 2OH Webers I've had in hand, its excellent. Build quality is right with Collings. I like the larger fretwire and fretboard radius of this weber the most of any mandolin I've had in hand. Nut and bridge slots cut perfect.
Superb instrument.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:58 AM
Charter Member

That is a beauty, Daryl. I like nod to the old Flatiron fretboard extension shape, with the modern scoop. The couple red spruce topped Webers I have played had chops like runaway trains! I'm sure you will enjoy how much that top opens up in the coming months...
Old 01-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Daryl, that is a beautiful mandolin!
I recently got into mandolin and purchased a 10 year old Weber Bridger F ...a "D" hole....love the sound and quality (and I am a Collings guitar guy).
Congrats!
Old 02-02-2018, 07:45 AM

Very sweet looking Mandoline!

Various stringed instruments
Old 02-02-2018, 12:48 PM

Very sweet mandolin you have there, I've been a Flatiron guy for years, always been curious about the Webers. Making a trip to the Mandolin Store in late February to check some out, never had the opportunity to play one. Enjoy that beauty.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

My pal Bob and I went shopping for a Collings F5 ...came back with a Weber Fern;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0028.jpg (53.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 02-02-2018, 01:59 PM

Webers are really nice. They have a Black Ice finish I am in love with. They also make a 3 point A I really like.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Yea HHP, I’m liking that 3 point A myself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments