The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-11-2014, 03:32 PM

Default Wanted to share...

I have been on a songwriting spree the last couple of days. I wanted to share three songs that I wrote in the last week (not normal for me to write that many) lol.

A caveat before you listen, these were recorded using an ipad and using the built in ipad mic so the sound is pretty crummy. I recorded the vocal and the guitar at the same time and in order to do so I had to strum with bare fingers (something I never do unless fingerpicking) to quiet the guitar enough so you can hear my voice. Lastly there a few goof/mistakes in the recording but agian these were just quick ipad tracks to help me remember how to play/sing the songs.

Ok, all excuses aside here they are. Let me know what you think....positive and negative comments or welcome! Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/reviveourhomes-1/we-long-to-see

Last edited by LewisBrookshire; 08-24-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviveourhomes View Post
I have been on a songwriting spree the last couple of days. I wanted to share three songs that I wrote in the last week (not normal for me to write that many) lol.

A caveat before you listen, these were recorded using an ipad and using the built in ipad mic so the sound is pretty crummy. I recorded the vocal and the guitar at the same time and in order to do so I had to strum with bare fingers (something I never do unless fingerpicking) to quiet the guitar enough so you can hear my voice. Lastly there a few goof/mistakes in the recording but agian these were just quick ipad tracks to help me remember how to play/sing the songs.

Ok, all excuses aside here they are. Let me know what you think....positive and negative comments or welcome! Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/reviveourhomes-1/to-the-one

http://soundcloud.com/reviveourhomes...-my-soul-waits

http://soundcloud.com/reviveourhomes-1/share-your-love

They are all nice songs. The iPad is not a great recording device but it works fine to capture ideas. I REALLY liked To the One. That had a great vibe to it. Well done! Are going to do full recordings of these?

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 AM

I will end up recording these at some point. The ipad is my only recording device at teh moment. I use it to capture the sound so that I wont forget them as I am writing them. I hope you have a good recording set up at some point though.

By the way "To the One" is my favorite out of the three as well! My least favorite is "Share your love", I think I have a decent amount of tweaking to do with that one.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:56 AM
AGF Administrator

I listened "To The One," and like Roy, I liked it a lot. The strings were a nice effect. One thing that comes to mind as only a suggestion was that my brain was wanting to hear a minor chord somewhere in the chorus; the 1, 5, 4 progression to me gets repetitive after a while.

But that's just me and perhaps doing so might create an undesirable change to the melody. Anyway, just throwing that out there.

If you ever do a more polished recording of this song I'd definitely be interested in hearing it again.

If you are able to get an external mic to attach such as the Apogee MiC you can create some great sounding recordings with the iPad.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I listened "To The One," and like Roy, I liked it a lot. The strings were a nice effect. One thing that comes to mind as only a suggestion was that my brain was wanting to hear a minor chord somewhere in the chorus; the 1, 5, 4 progression to me gets repetitive after a while.

But that's just me and perhaps doing so might create an undesirable change to the melody. Anyway, just throwing that out there.

If you ever do a more polished recording of this song I'd definitely be interested in hearing it again.

If you are able to get an external mic to attach such as the Apogee MiC you can create some great sounding recordings with the iPad.

I appreciate the comments! I have been looking at getting the Apogee Mic again (I had one in the past but ended up selling it because at the time I was not doing much recording).
Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

First off nice to meet you and a big AMEN!

Beautiful music and you have a very nice vocal timbre that is enjoyable to the ears. I agree with my brothers on the recording aspect and they are much better at it then me, so I won't add anything else to that. I'm so glad you shared these 3 songs and hope you share more. I hear a lot of really good potential that a good recording set up will allow folks to hear and realize. Jeremy is a master at it, and a good dude to listen to and he creates some of the most beautiful songs ever. I look forward to more of your artistry here in S&T!

eric
Old 05-13-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
First off nice to meet you and a big AMEN!

Beautiful music and you have a very nice vocal timbre that is enjoyable to the ears. I agree with my brothers on the recording aspect and they are much better at it then me, so I won't add anything else to that. I'm so glad you shared these 3 songs and hope you share more. I hear a lot of really good potential that a good recording set up will allow folks to hear and realize. Jeremy is a master at it, and a good dude to listen to and he creates some of the most beautiful songs ever. I look forward to more of your artistry here in S&T!

eric
Thank you very much Eric! I hope to have a good recording setup one day to play around with!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Here is another I wrote yesterday....again the mix is crappy because I am using the ipad mic for vocals and acoustic but you get the idea. Also, I messed up the vocals on the last chorus. Hopefully I can get a good recording setup some day to get all of these recorded properly but in the meantime the ipad/garagband setup is sure fun!

https://soundcloud.com/reviveourhomes-1/we-long-to-see
Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Excellent stuff you have there.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 08-24-2014, 05:32 AM

Thanks for sharing your songs. I enjoyed the three songs, though different in flavor. I liked the chording of My Soul Waits. The only thing is stick a bridge in each song, this sort of repeats what Jeremy says. Otherwise...I really like originals from the Psalms and the worship style you have going! Thanks!
Ed

Hoffman L-00 w JJB
Kronbauer TDK w K&K
Martin OM-35 w K&K
Gibsons: J-150 w Fishman, CL-35 w JJB, Hummingbird w JJB, Les Paul Custom
Crafter TM-035 w JJB
Recording King ROS-647 w JJB
Voyage-Air OM-04, Washburn Red Rocker
Amps: Crate 2x12, Peaveys, LoudBox Artist
Pickups: JJB & K&K Mini
Callaway Big Bertha Clubs
Old 08-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyguy View Post
Thanks for sharing your songs. I enjoyed the three songs, though different in flavor. I liked the chording of My Soul Waits. The only thing is stick a bridge in each song, this sort of repeats what Jeremy says. Otherwise...I really like originals from the Psalms and the worship style you have going! Thanks!
Ed
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 PM

Had a little fun a changed up the recordings of "We long to see". Made 6 different mixes, garageband sure is fun to play with!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:58 PM

A new addition in rough form....

https://soundcloud.com/reviveourhome...y-will-be-done

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell