The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Default On the hunt for a new knock around 3/4.

Hi guys just nipped over from the acoustic forum with a question for the experts.

My knock around guitar is a 3/4 Herald HL34 beginners classical guitar - don't laugh. It's perfect (for me) to use as a sofa guitar and to pick up when songwriting inspiration takes me and to beat out a rhythm on as it also doubles up as a bongo. FYI I own a good number of 'proper guitars'.

Anyway I'm thinking of retiring it and was wondering what I should be looking at as a replacement and what is currently available.

My budget is $200 max and I'm not fussy about make, materials or country of origin. The only thing is it must be 3/4 size with nylon stings. I'd like to buy new and for it to have a low action with no rattles or buzzing.

I'd appreciate your input.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:01 AM

Default On the hunt for a new knock around 3/4.

I would think a Jasmine Studio Series nylon string guitar would fit the bill. The JS341 would be the 3/4 size.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical