The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-02-2015, 02:13 PM

Default Manuel Rodriguez suggestions

Hi all,
I currently have a low end MR (C1V) and had a AV for a while. I have some questions regarding the MR guitars in general and looking for some suggestions,
I love the sound of the MR's that I've tried (all lower end models).
I've owned Cordoba's (C3M and C7) and those sound great, even for lower end guitars, however I like the sound of the MR's better (I've also tried, in a shop, several other brands, like Kremona, but still like the MR's sound better.
The MR's, to me, have a very bright, alive sound, maybe more typical of the Spanish guitars that I've heard in recordings before.
Anyway I'm looking to upgrade and it's almost impossible (at least for me) to get much information on the MR guitars, such as the difference between the Model A and the AV, etc.
Anyone know of any other guitars with a similar sound ?
I'm considering around $1500.00 maybe plus or minus for something upgraded from what I have now.

Thanks in advance,
Fred
Old 05-03-2015, 04:53 AM

Hello Fred,
Amalio Burguet make some models in your price bracket. Spanish made and to a high standard, very lightly built. I have a Model 2M for which I paid £1500 five years ago, and though that may be a little over your budget, they do less (and more!) expensive models. It was not supplied cased either which obviously bumps the price up further.
Mine is cedar over rosewood and sounds beautiful to me, that's why I've kept it. I have also played Ramirez and Rodriguez guitars but found the Burguet to be better.
Others you may like to consider are Martinez which are also Spanish made ( I think), and I've played a number of these and been to a demonstration of all their models. They were all good value for money with a very obvious increase in sound quality as the prices went up. They are all within your price range.
Hope that gives you a bit of help.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:15 AM

Your best bet would be to try and pick up a Luthier built instrument from eBay,I have had some real good guitars within your budget from there.
However you do need how to be able to spot any issues with them,the most common ones are problems with the neck geometry ie high action and no saddle left,and splits.

If you can pick up a good one it will outperform your workshop instrument by quite a margin
Old 05-04-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred98TJ View Post
Hi all,
I currently have a low end MR (C1V) and had a AV for a while. I have some questions regarding the MR guitars in general and looking for some suggestions,
I love the sound of the MR's that I've tried (all lower end models).
I've owned Cordoba's (C3M and C7) and those sound great, even for lower end guitars, however I like the sound of the MR's better (I've also tried, in a shop, several other brands, like Kremona, but still like the MR's sound better.
The MR's, to me, have a very bright, alive sound, maybe more typical of the Spanish guitars that I've heard in recordings before.
Anyway I'm looking to upgrade and it's almost impossible (at least for me) to get much information on the MR guitars, such as the difference between the Model A and the AV, etc.
Anyone know of any other guitars with a similar sound ?
I'm considering around $1500.00 maybe plus or minus for something upgraded from what I have now.

Thanks in advance,
Fred
The Manuel Rodriguez guitars are good value for money and I often suggest people consider them.

You could also consider this brand:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/22612/G...cal_Guitar.htm

They have both cheaper and more expensive models as well.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical