The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 PM

Default carvinCL450

hi; just started looking into this guitar.is there any feedback about it on this thread....any thoughts/ it seems like a nice guitar...anyone? thanks!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:09 PM

It's a great crossover guitar that's designed to be plugged in/amplified. It does have surprisingly good acoustic tone, but it's not comparable to a traditional classical.

In general Carvin guitars are very well crafted and playing instruments, and are often cited as best 'bang for your buck.' You really won't find any made in the USA guitars that can compete with it in the price range. I currently have one Carvin (one of the first CT4s) and my brother has several as well. I considered the CL450 when I first started playing classical as I was coming from an electric and acoustic background and the thinner neck appealed to me. Ultimately I decided that a traditional classical would suite me more and I went with a Hirade H5 that was my only classical for a number of years.

However, if you can find one, try one! You might be surprised.

Last edited by aeronius; 07-31-2014 at 07:15 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical