The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-26-2022, 03:15 AM

Default Question to Fender Acoustic JR Go owner/anyone who know about this.

I bought this Fender Acoustic Junior Go online from the local distributor of the authorized dealer in my country (in Asia)

I found that after I fully charged the amp and left it without turning the switch on for 3-4 weeks, the battery will run out, even if I don't use it at all. I considered this is abnormal, even if battery has discharge circle or etc, it should not be run out this quick. I already contacted dealer here and it also still under 1 year warranty (The warranty applied differently from buying in the USA) The tech guy from the dealer insisted that it is normal for battery to automatically run out (in 2-3 weeks?) and also told me the battery is not under the warranty policy. (But according to local law here, they have to responsible if the battery is defective within certain period of time. This is another legal issue when their warranty is not comply with law. They also didn’t tell me that warranty is not included battery when I bought it)

so here comes my question:

Is it normal for battery of Fender acoustic jr GO to automatically discharge and completely run out after 2-3 weeks of not being used (like the tech guy at my dealer claimed)? or mine is defective? seems really abnormal for me comparing to other portable guitar amps I owned or other items such as computer notebook or mobile phone. Any owners out there can give me info regarding this issue. The info can help me deal with the dealer here and decide what to do. So far the dealer refused to fix the problems without extra fees. (And again, they insisted nothing wrong anyway. I presume they didn’t test whether battery run out after not being used for certain time but just testing the normal use.

PS. Already emailed Fender customer service by filling a form in the official website, no reply yet.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:46 AM

I don't have the "GO" version, my acoustasonic JR is A/C only

BUT,, same thing happens to my Bose S1,

the battery wont hold the charge for weeks on end,, a few days,, yes, a few weeks, not IME with the S1

so I don't know if it's abnormal.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 07-26-2022, 09:55 AM

I don’t know about the Acoustic Junior but I know the early S1 pro had that problem. Mine did as well, but it’s not normal. My issue could be solved with a firmware update, other S1 pros had to be exchanged by Bose.

rmp, you should try the update and in case that doesn’t help, get in contact with Bose or your dealer.
Martin D-18MD, Martin OM-21, Martin CEO-7, Martin J-40, Martin 000-1, Guild D-55, Guild D-140, Gibson SJ-200, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Frank Hannon Love Dove, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Furch Gc-SR Red Deluxe, Furch Yellow Masters Choice, Larrivee P-03ww, Kawaii piano, mandolines, drumsets, doublebass, Fender Jazzbass, ...

Last edited by Peter Z; 07-26-2022 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:41 AM

^
Thanks for the inputs. Really appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
I don’t know about the Acoustic Junior but I know the early S1 pro had that problem. Mine did as well, but it’s not normal. My issue could be solved with a firmware update, other S1 pros had to be exchanged by Bose.

rmp, you should try the update and in case that doesn’t help, get in contact with Bose or your dealer.
Hi Peter

yea,, it was updated,.. If I let it sit for 3 or 4 weeks, I have to charge it to use.

A week or so, it's ok. longer than that, a crap shot.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Guild F1512
Old 07-26-2022, 12:44 PM

Now I went to check the status of the one S1 I didn’t use for the last 2 months - just to find out that my stepson and his friends left it switched on after their party 2 weeks ago. So sorry, that doesn’t help you. It’s charging now, I will unplug it tomorrow. If I don’t use it for a longer period, I can report after that.

There was a Bose community (that I don’t find right now). The issue was discussed there and you will find reports on how long the battery should last when not in use.
Martin D-18MD, Martin OM-21, Martin CEO-7, Martin J-40, Martin 000-1, Guild D-55, Guild D-140, Gibson SJ-200, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Frank Hannon Love Dove, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Furch Gc-SR Red Deluxe, Furch Yellow Masters Choice, Larrivee P-03ww, Kawaii piano, mandolines, drumsets, doublebass, Fender Jazzbass, ...
Old 07-27-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameguitar View Post
I bought this Fender Acoustic Junior Go online from the local distributor of the authorized dealer in my country (in Asia)

I found that after I fully charged the amp and left it without turning the switch on for 3-4 weeks, the battery will run out, even if I don't use it at all. I considered this is abnormal, even if battery has discharge circle or etc, it should not be run out this quick. I already contacted dealer here and it also still under 1 year warranty (The warranty applied differently from buying in the USA) The tech guy from the dealer insisted that it is normal for battery to automatically run out (in 2-3 weeks?) and also told me the battery is not under the warranty policy. (But according to local law here, they have to responsible if the battery is defective within certain period of time. This is another legal issue when their warranty is not comply with law. They also didn’t tell me that warranty is not included battery when I bought it)

so here comes my question:

Is it normal for battery of Fender acoustic jr GO to automatically discharge and completely run out after 2-3 weeks of not being used (like the tech guy at my dealer claimed)? or mine is defective? seems really abnormal for me comparing to other portable guitar amps I owned or other items such as computer notebook or mobile phone. Any owners out there can give me info regarding this issue. The info can help me deal with the dealer here and decide what to do. So far the dealer refused to fix the problems without extra fees. (And again, they insisted nothing wrong anyway. I presume they didn’t test whether battery run out after not being used for certain time but just testing the normal use.

PS. Already emailed Fender customer service by filling a form in the official website, no reply yet.
I don't understand why you'd expect it to hold a charge for 4 weeks, why you'd think failure to do so constititutes a "defective" battery, or why you think the dealer is obliged to cover every part of the warranty with you. Just plug the thing in every once in a while; what's so hard about that?
Old 07-27-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
I don't understand why you'd expect it to hold a charge for 4 weeks, why you'd think failure to do so constititutes a "defective" battery, or why you think the dealer is obliged to cover every part of the warranty with you. Just plug the thing in every once in a while; what's so hard about that?
I agree.

I don't believe any of these will hold a charge for more than a week or two.

4 weeks? rather optimistic to think it will still be ready to go.

Like you say,, plug it in, charge it...

move on..

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Guild F1512
Old 07-27-2022, 08:36 AM

To answer questions above,

1. Because my other chargeable amps can hold battery even for 2-3 months or more (even they are smaller) so I don’t know whether this is normal for Acoustic JR Go. It run out for around 2-4 weeks without switching them on. If it is normal , it is OK but if other owners said Acoustic JR GO can keep battery longer, mine maybe defective. And because I initially thought, they will cover it if it is really defective so I ask. This is why i brought the issue in the first place. In term of usage, it is not bothering me because it can hold charges for their normal purpose. I can use it 4-5 hours straight if I fully charged it anyway. It did bother me a bit if it is really defetive and other Go JRs not have this problem.

2. They said when I bought it that it has 1 year warranty, nothing written or informed about excluding battery from warranty. Now, when I asked whether there is a problem when my amp being like this, they later stated that warranty is not cover battery. Moreover, according to local law here (sales of good and consumer protection law here) if battery is really defective, as part of the product they sell, the seller has obligation to responsible for it within certain time frame anyway.

In conclusion, I just need info and decide what to deal with the issue. First, they didn’t inform me or did I agree that battery is not included in warranty. Second, they can’t exclude battery defective from seller’s responsibility according to law here. (Whether the law works in real situation is another matter)

Last edited by nonameguitar; 07-27-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 02:24 PM

While I also think most of us can live with recharging our amps from time to time (well, I probably forget to do so), I mean there is something wrong with the gear if the battery is discharged after two weeks or three or four.
Either the battery is damaged or the amp sucks it out due to a design problem.

The batteries of my sons remote aircrafts don’t have that problem either.

A few weeks ago I had to rescue my fathers Tesla after it was not used for three weeks. The Tesla guy told me, thats normal because they keep their cars online all the time and it’s no problem to use it more often. So, I told my dad to waive his holidays.
Crazy, isn’t it? This is not a problem with a VW ID3 or 4.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification