The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-14-2015, 12:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Fresh Vintage Sampler at www.vintageparlorguitars.com

I'm posting a sampling of fresh additions here on the AGF to coincide with my 10th year anniversary. These will not hit the website for a few days yet and I have even more to add for the official update when that happens. I've got some nice lefties coming ready as well as a 12-fret Sovereign-style 00- in cedar/mahogany and an 0-size, 12-fret in spruce/rosewood.

"Thank You" to the AGF for all your support.

LEFTY 1930's Supertone Terz size in x-braced spruce/birch, slotted headstock with a nut width just a hair under 1 3/4". Fine condition with discreet upgrades, this example is setup for G-G tuning with extra light strings. Can also take mediums in standard tuning. Great playability, look and feel. $399

LEFTY 40 year old Harmony 0-size, 12-fret in ladder braced solid birch, ebony fretboard & bridge and 1 3/4" nut width. This is a workhorse model for me sought after by many customers for its ability to handle different styles of play, including blues and folk. It plays easy, looks good and sounds great. $499

1935 Harmony 0-size, 12-fret in ladder braced all-solid birch, vintage burst finish with a nut width just shy of 1 3/4". This short scale flat top is real easy to fret and plays well for blues and related styles. At 36" long, it puts out allot of sass for its size. Wonderful example in fine condition. $599

Unusual Oscar Schmidt "Stella" terz in spruce/birch with early rope purf and embossed headstock emblem. The 1 3/4" nut and 2 1/4" spacing makes it feel like you're playing a larger guitar. Few upgrades to improve playability, appearance and tone. The sound from this guitar defies its size, being especially warm with excellent sustain. Nice early example. $799

Vintage Gretsch 000-size, 14-fret in ladder braced spruce/mahogany, natural finish and great tone. This body size and scale combination delivers a strong sound across the register with emphasis on the bass side. Slim 1 10/16" Nut width is common on these old gals but plays well everywhere on the neck. Minor repairs are nearly invisible. Some modern upgrades were definitely worth the trouble. $799

B&J Serenader 12-fret true parlor with a ladder braced spruce top and tight grained mahogany back. Its features suggest it was a higher end model in its day. The floating bridge/tailpiece combination does not detract from the projection or tonal output of this guitar. Nice to look at and fun to play. $799

Pre-war Regal 00-size, 12-fret in x-braced cedar/mahogany with a chunky 1 13/16" nut and 2 3/8" string spacing at the saddle.This model has become my most sought-after small body and rightly sits affront the website home page in all its Vermont stonewall glory. Upgraded cedar top delivers a deep rich tone. It's light as a feather with a few prudent upgrades that today's player will appreciate. $1,200

Last edited by vintageparlors; 03-15-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 PM

Hi Steve - Congrats on your first 10 years! I'm thinking the next ten will be even better.

To all: Steve is a real "stand-up" guy. Very straightforward and honest, with a great selection of some sweet old guitars that are the real deal!

All the best!
Will
Old 03-18-2015, 10:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks, Will

Here are three late arrivals to the AGF preview post of fresh vintage inventory for March 2015. I should have everything posted on the website, with full descriptions, by the beginning of next week.

This "down home" 0-size, 12-fret in x-braced solid spruce over solid rosewood back and sides has a 1 3/4" nut width and ample string spacing at the saddle. Composed from materials in the shop, it has lots of headroom for flatpicking and strumming but really stands out nicely as a small body fingerstyle guitar. Ebony fretboard and bridge. Bone nut, saddle and pins. $1,200,

LEFTY - Sweet Harmony 0-size, 12-fret in ladder braced birch, all solid, maple fretboard, rosewood bridge in black satin lacquer finish, 1 3/4" nut, bone nut and saddle, setup for 52-11s in a body size that's conducive to many playing styles. $499

High-waisted, bodacious bad *** 00-size, 12-fret in x-braced cedar over mahogany. The body style reminds me of the old Sovereign 1260 model but with a more rounded lower bout. Tons of bass and mid-range tone that seems to favor fingerstyle play in various open tunings. Rosewood fretboard, ebony bridge, bone nut and saddle with ebony pins. Setup with 52-11s. $799.

Last edited by vintageparlors; 03-18-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:03 PM

Default your work is amazing

I love what u do. Love ur work.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 PM

Love that Stella Steve!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace