The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-16-2018, 02:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

We really enjoyed the show, and it was great to see some familiar faces, and of course great to meet lots of new people too. Aside from the show, it was really great to sit out on the Pub's patio in the evening, feel the 80 degree sun on my face both Friday and Saturday. A nice bonus, especially since when I got back home late afternoon on Monday there was 4" of slush in my yard. (That's just not funny.)

Anyway, I hope to be back at the show next year, and thanks to all that came by say hello and try a guitar or two.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:21 AM

Would have stopped by here sooner but got treated to 4 inches of water in my apartment lolol... great meeting folks there. Special thanks to Bob for his welcome, letting me play his Sexauer, and introducing me to Ted Ludwig and Jimmy Bruno. John Osthoff for hanging out and having a beer with me and some good advice, the McKnight family for the shades (!), Todd Johnston for the hook-up, Baker for the shirt. And every guitarmaker out there for being welcoming and sharing with experience and advice.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:08 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to all who stopped by to give my guitars some attention. The show was a great event - met lots of interesting and talented folks and reconnected with many long time friends. I never tire of hearing sweet music coming from my guitars - very inspiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A8E9AC6C-44B6-453B-8D40-9E05A548C6F0.jpg (39.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

Great pictures! I wanted to come, but had some friends come up from Baltimore for the weekend and it turned into a mini high school reunion, so I couldn't get away. Most disappointing is not being able to play a McKnight or Doerr, two that are on my list of guitars to play and people to meet. Will definitely make it to Woodstock this year, though. Hope to see many builders there!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisseyGuitar View Post
Thanks to all who stopped by to give my guitars some attention. The show was a great event - met lots of interesting and talented folks and reconnected with many long time friends. I never tire of hearing sweet music coming from my guitars - very inspiring.

Our son will wear your t-shirt often, no doubt.

I have a nice picture of your wife wearing the McKnight sunglasses on our facebook site. She was fun for Adrianne and me to share time with. Tell her we will see her again.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Our son will wear your t-shirt often, no doubt.

I have a nice picture of your wife wearing the McKnight sunglasses on our facebook site. She was fun for Adrianne and me to share time with. Tell her we will see her again.
Mary,

It was great fun to meet you and Adrianne. My boys are wearing the McKnight sunglasses. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to come over to your booth - next time for sure.

Patrick
Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisseyGuitar View Post
Definitely some great sounding and playing guitars you had there Patrick! For some reason I can't find all the pics I took... They're in my phone... somewhere! Thanks for taking time to speak with me, I enjoyed it!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:53 AM

A fine time was had by TEAM WILS! Great friends, great music, GREAT GUITARS!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases