The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Mac View Post
For Bob Womack: Do you have happen to pass the Hampton Roads Executive Airport on 58? I no longer live in the area, but for years there was a WWII era plane just sitting there, not sure which one. But I went by there just recently and it appeared that there was a B-29 sitting there. Have you seen it?
I go there occasionally, usually when a WWII plane visits. For many years the Tidewater chapter of the Commemorative Air Force had an olive drab Lockheed Loadstar Lady Loadstar at that airport.

She suffered a brake failure on landing at the beginning of the century and ended up in the ditch at the end of the strip. There were attempts to raise funds for a rebuild but in the end she was sent to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Arizona. There also were a pair of red and white de Havilland Heron four-engine airliners being restored out by the T hangars to the east for a few years.

A couple of weeks ago the CAF brought out their wonderfully restored B-17G Sentimental Journey to the airport for a long weekend. I visited her and posted a photo essay on the forum, HERE.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic