The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-17-2016, 08:38 PM

I have played a good sampling of all the makes, if not models, of CF guitars. CA, Rainsong, Emerald, Blackbird, Leviora, KM, Journey (although the last two very briefly in a noisy environment). Everybody has different requirements and ideas of course, but for me, I'd go a Lucky 13, second option probably a Rainsong Parlor. I don't own an Eric Skye 00, but I have played one a few times and it is also my dream guitar, so maybe we are close in what we like.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 05-17-2016, 08:47 PM

Well another couple hours on u tube, think I finally made up my mind! The Lucky 13 by Blackbird looks like the one for me. Almost the exact size of my SC and same scale. Watched every video on the tube and must say it sounds very good as well.
I just looked and as the Capt. said Ted has one at LA Sales. I think the one video that kind of sealed it for me was watching Acoustic Guitar review sounded great!
Already wrote Ted so will see if it works out.......
Also enjoyed the shop tour of Blackbird.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
If you are playing outside alot, . . . an all black carbon guitar may heat up alot in the sun, which should not damage the guitar, . . . but might be a bit warm for the player. A White carbon guitar may be made to order for you.
I can attest to this. I have a dark blue Journey and playing it outside in the direct sun, it quickly gets very hot to touch on the soundboard.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber