The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Default Journey OF660-very cool(and the nylon Classical)

starting this thread so info is contained here and others can see it at a glance regarding what we find out about the Journey-feel free to add anything and/or let the thread go in any direction and any brand.

nice specs-folding travel
24.5" scale
1 3/4" nut width
2 1/4" string spacing at saddle
adjustable truss rod
Grover tuners
bone saddle, bone nut
35.5" total length
bevels all over the place

these sound quite nice, based on the video I've watched.

Don Ross reviewing the Journey:

Classical Nylon:

specs/info
http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...osewood-oc520/

Last edited by darylcrisp; 05-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Guest 928

Mr. D;

Very nice! Thank you. I've really enjoyed Journey's journey into CF instruments. And I am really looking forward to Journey's take on a carbon fiber nylon strung guitar.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

from what I gather, the Journey brand is made in asia, while I think most of the other brands we are discussing of late( Rainsong, Blackbird, Kevin Michael) are USA made.

I once had a VoyageAir base model(made in china) and it was a very good instrument for the price paid. well built, nice tone, nice string balance. The Journey brand kinda reminds me of that, but I like the looks of the carbon Journey much better. The bevels, the cutaway, the tone, all appears to be high quality-especially for the cost.

Jarvis has a good review of one of the wood models:
Old 05-07-2016, 01:41 AM

I've got a carbon OF660 arriving next week, so will be quite keen to see what it sounds like.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:14 AM

Hey guys, thanks for starting the thread - I've already subscribed to daily alerts so I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Here's one of my favorite videos of the OF660 in terms of demonstrating the tone of the instrument:

1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:58 AM

I am absolutely in love with my Journey Carbon. Its been all over France all the way from Ca. Surprisingly I most often reach for it. I like everything about it. I got one of those Tonewood amps for it and they love each other. Superbly thought out and conceived. I have been playing over 50 years and I could do any gig on this. I'm doing a duo gig through Holland, Belgium and Iceland later this year and this solves so many problems. Its a great conversation piece too. Even the civilians are intrigued when you bust it out. Well done!

1920's Mayflower OM
1929 National Tricone Style 2 Round neck
1996 Gibson Hummingbird
1939 Martin 018
1930's Martin Style O soprano uke
2007 Kamaka Tenor Uke
1970 Martin OO21
1923 Gibson tenor Banjo
Old 05-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Guest 928

Lotis;

You have an incredible, discerning,collection of instruments; one that makes me pay attention to your assessment. I have yet to play a Journey, but the testimonies showing up on this forum have me in a high state of anticipation for the long-awaited nylon version.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber