The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Default mim strat?should i trade of my squire start for one

hello,should i trade my squire strat for a mim strat?Is the mim strat that much better?I just play at home for fun,would getting a mim strat be worth it?I mostly
pay classic rock and some blues on my squire strat.I enjoy my cheap squire strat,would trading my squire and a extra $200 make much of a inprovement?
thanks,
james
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 PM

In a word, yes, if you can trade up, do so. I have owned both and the MIM strat is leagues above the Squier.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
In a word, yes, if you can trade up, do so. I have owned both and the MIM strat is leagues above the Squier.
What is better? I also have a squier strat and have been told many times to upgrade. After my friends have played my guitar, they say its much better than they thought and are not sure I should upgrade, unless I go up a couple levels.

This is one case where I would definitely try before buying. The differences may not matter to you.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 AM

Unless your Squier was made around '82, when they actually made some in the US! My friend has one, and it one cool guitar!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:27 AM

Some Squier models approach the MiM price point. You should be cautious about the trade plus $200. Make sure the differences are features YOU want. Also, try the MiM through your amp. If your amp is cheap, and you are not going to upgrade the amp, you may not hear a bit of difference.

On the other hand, if you want to continuously push and upgrade, it may be a nice incremental step forward.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars