The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Default Urgent advice needed.

On my Epiphone re-bridge project. Have it as best I can know ready to glue the bridge. 1st step as I see it will be to drill the two outside pin holes for the caul screws to go through. I plan to drill the other 4 after the bridge is attached.
I've taken great pains to get a replacement bridge w/same length saddle. Marking the locations of the saddle slot to correspond exactly with the locations as on the old bridge. I've radiused the bridge bottom to fit the top correctly. And cleaned all previous finish and glue residue on the top to correspond exactly with the shape of new bridge out to the outer edges of the new bridge.
Now my problem is that when I place the new in place where by my calculations it should be. But when visually sighting down the neck from the headstock, it appears that the pin holes are slightly off center to the 1st E side.
I theorize that this may because the 1st E is a much smaller diameter string than the 6th E. Therefore requiring such an alignment because the 6th needs more room as it goes up the neck.
Would this be correct?
REALLY NEED to know BEFORE I drill ANY pin holes!
Old 10-30-2016, 09:43 PM

Last edited by charles Tauber; 11-02-2016 at 09:08 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair