The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-29-2023, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Default AcousticDreams Idea for a Referance Sticky Thread?

As I will continually mention....the AGF Recording threads have been so very helpful. Countless threads on Recording equipment, techniques, microphone comparisons & so much more.
As but one example; several years ago Doug Young made a sound sample using Gefells & Schoeps. For me, that sound sample sealed the deal. Gefells are very good at half the price of Schoeps...but the small difference I heard was enough to convince me to buy Schoeps.

Here is that link: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=522846

We have started so many other threads that have helped with mastering, headphones, speakers, microphones, compressors, recording & so on....To some of us this has made a defining difference( ME).

What I would love to see...is a Sticky thread== that lists all of these great topics with their AGF threads www. links.
Headphones: reference AGF Thread www.
AEA Ribbon mic: reference thread AGF www.
Acoustic Guitar Mic positions: reference thread AGF www.
Mastering compressors: reference thread AGF www.
Just to name a few.

I have learned so much from this forum. But sometimes..I would love to go back & re-read the threads that gave me this information. But I have no way of finding it. Newbies would love a reference guide like this. This is different that just watching videos on how to. This is reading the opinions of several of our members.

What would it take for us to get such a thread going? Each of us would have to look at all the threads we started...and then submit them to Jim1960 for his approval. (There must be a king to decide..and I declare Jim as our King )

Anyway...that is what I would love to see. Sometimes the area of topic is not something that I can get into at the time. As I am busy learning other things. But then later...when I remember that we started a thread on this topic...there is no way for me to easily find that thread.

If each of us goes over some of the threads we have started and or replied to...it may not be that much work to organize such a Sticky thread.

What do you think? Good idea or not?
Old 08-29-2023, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticDreams View Post
What would it take for us to get such a thread going? Each of us would have to look at all the threads we started...and then submit them to Jim1960 for his approval. (There must be a king to decide..and I declare Jim as our King )
LOL... I'm not much of a monarchist so I don't need a crown. I'll add any review from an AGF member. No judging involved. The only thing I'd be doing (if people do want to move forward with this) is categorizing the reviews according to what is being reviewed.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD