The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 AM

Would like to hear more about this issue because I also would like to make a subscription. The interface is horrible? Has it improved a little bit?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM

I have the paper copy. The online version I find difficult to use. Its nice to have sound clips, ( when they work, which is not often) and other problems, I wont be going back to it soon.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penname View Post
My print subscription to Acoustic Guitar magazine ended with the December issue so when the January 2013 issue showed up in the iPad application today I decided to try it. I really enjoyed reading the magazine using the app. I have tired old eyes but was able to read it very clearly on my 4th generation iPad. Also loved the multimedia links. I've gone with the yearly digital subscription for $19.99 - cheaper that what they offered my for renewal of my dead tree edition.
Dead tree?

I'm getting tired of this rubbish! Majority of mags these days are made from sustainable sources (as are books).

With people upgrading their outdated or damaged equipment regularly, the environmental impact of laptops/ipads/tablets/phones etc and associated bi products being dumped in landfill is arguably greater than that of printed material. Ever heard of e-waste? Just cos you can't see it don't mean it ain't there.

Not to mention the often horrific conditions those assembling these gadgets work in.

Have your tablet, but don't claim that it's a more ethical choice.

Nothing wrong with hardcopy.

END RANT

Last edited by moominboy; 11-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion