The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM

I had a similar miscommunication thing with Rondo a few months back - but it all got sorted out pretty quickly, and I maintained the impression that Kurt makes things right.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

bwistl01, sorry...I didn't mean to ignore you. Glad you like yours, and it helped me make the decision to go ahead. Hopefully I will like mine as well!! If not, there is a 14-day return policy, and that is more than enough time to make a clear decision.

DW, thanks for the feedback. He did respond early today, so I think he does make the effort. The whole no-phone thing is still a little strange, but if the product is good, then it won't matter in the end.

Thanks all,
Mike

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 AM

I had an Agile AL3000 that I sold earlier this year to fund another project. It was a fantastic guitar! It played better than any of the LPs that I've played previously, and sounded just as good. It reallly is an incredible guitar. If you are someone who stresses over tiny cosmetic imperfections, though, be warned. They will occassionally come in with a minor cosmetic flaw, but they've got the goods where it counts, and Kurt always makes things right. If you do happen to get one that has a defect, contact Kurt and he'll sometimes offer to just refund part of your money.

I wouldn't hesitate to own another one.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Roger. Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I will have time to plug her in when I get home after work! I'll post up an NGD thread with pics as soon as I have a chance.

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

First impressions...holy cow, this guitar seriously looks and feels like it should cost so much more than it does. There are some tiny finishing imperfections that you have to look very closely to see, like where the fretboard meets the body, but they are so minor that they would be easily missed by most guitarists and were pointed out to me by a teacher who also sold guitars for a long time. He also pointed out that areas like where the tuning pegs were affixed were done much better than the average american made guitar. And if nothing else, they didn't cut any corners in the build; this thing is solid and HEAVY. The contour in the back makes it very comfortable to hold, and the neck-through design looks like it will keep the guitar very stable. The neck is a bit flattish for my taste; I prefer the slightly curved fretboards of Strats and Teles, but will easily get used to it. I took a lesson on it and was very comfortable only a short way in.

And the guitar sounds great! The volume nobs are very sensitive and I can see that this guitar would have the power to generate very serious volume. I haven't really had the chance to test it out, but will do so soon and will post pictures in an NGD thread, especially after I change out the white trim for blackout trim.

Even though I've only had it for less than a day, I can easily say I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an Agile. Price-to-value seems amazing.

Thanks,
Mike

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars